WAG Relieve "beam bite"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
I don't know if anyone else calls it that, but I do! :p

Took a nasty fall on beam today doing my series (that I have done a million times! :/ ) I'm not quite sure what I did but I banged up my leg pretty badly. The side is all red and bruised and hurts to touch and so is my knee and shin. Red and purple... Anyway, it's all stiff and it hurts and I have practice tomorrow. Any tips on what could help? My knee is swollen and it hurts to walk...

I'm not asking for medical advice, I'm sure it's muscle tightness and bruising, but if I find it necessary i will go to the doctor. I'm just wandering what other gymnasts (that I'm sure have done this!) suggest (Ice? Heat? Painkiller? Ect) oh and coaches too...

Thank you

Ouch!

If it were me or my DD, we would use ice, arnica and maybe an anti-inflammatory. Elevate leg if you can.

ICE!!! Not heat! Rest your leg as much as possible during the day. If you must practice perhaps some tape or an ace for support. Ice after practice. Hope you feel better soon!

actually, you must use moist heat (hot damp cloths) on these when your bit on the side of your thigh. and then you must knead the area with your thumbs. if this is not done, you end up with lumpy scar tissue that is discolored under the skin and can be seen with the human eye. :)

ice on the knee and shin.

actually, you must use moist heat (hot damp cloths) on these when your bit on the side of your thigh. and then you must knead the area with your thumbs. if this is not done, you end up with lumpy scar tissue that is discolored under the skin and can be seen with the human eye. :)

ice on the knee and shin.

Good to know. My DD gets these frequently and almost seems to see them as a badge of honor, like a rip (Freaks. You gymnasts are all freaks.) but I doubt she wants them to leave a pemanent mark, and if she doesn't care now, she will some day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back