WAG Remember where you first learned about this. :)

• Thread starter Deleted member D3987
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would be scared that it would pop as I was tumbling. Also, how would you keep a consistant amount of air in it always? What if you learned a skill on it when it was hard, but the next time you did it, it was a lot softer?

Taking an unexpected step (or landing) off it would be a problem!
They would require it to be properly padded around the edges - like they require in competitions.

@CAGymmie , you said "I would be scared that it would pop as I was tumbling. Also, how would you keep a consistant amount of air in it always? What if you learned a skill on it when it was hard, but the next time you did it, it was a lot softer?"

There is a pressure gauge that can be attached (the thing that showed 120 and then 130). It can be pumped up more if it is too low. And it would have to be made of a really tough material... and the pressure can be checked often. If it is losing pressure when it shouldn't, then they could check for leaks. Holes can be patched and it takes less than 24 hours to be good to go. :)

We had it as the warm up floor at our last competition. It's very springy. We had a hard time keeping our gymnasts sitting while waiting for the warm-up to start.

We had it as the warm up floor at our last competition. It's very springy. We had a hard time keeping our gymnasts sitting while waiting for the warm-up to start.

I bet they had a hard time sitting and waiting-my dd just saw this and said I WANT TO TRY THAT! Of course, she's young and only sees the best of two worlds-a bouncy castle and floor tumbling!

My dh did notice that the video cut off all the landings....makes you wonder...

Smaller and crazy but same concept

This video makes me wonder if a "safer" floor will leader to bigger, potentially more dangerous skills, leading to a different type of injuries than we are seeing now. Those guys were throwing doubles very easily... Maybe there would be less wear and tear injuries, but more catastrophic crashes doing huge skills.

It did strike me as odd that they cut EVERY SINGLE CLIP right as the gymnast lands.... and if we're talking about using this to improve safety, then it seems to me like that's a pretty important part to show.....

I mean, it seems like a great idea and I'm fully in favor of anything that makes the sport safer, but the editing of that video just seemed very odd to me.

Dunno, are there any other videos where we can get a better look at the landings to get an idea of how it flexes on impact?

i'll see what i can do. :)

This video makes me wonder if a "safer" floor will leader to bigger, potentially more dangerous skills, leading to a different type of injuries than we are seeing now. Those guys were throwing doubles very easily... Maybe there would be less wear and tear injuries, but more catastrophic crashes doing huge skills.

These guys were trained/pro stunt men, but happily mess around. Walters was a very good tumbler, but messing around is probably more enjoyable and profitable.

They likely cut the landings from the video because the product takes some getting used to and even longer to figure out how to stick the landings. They must have struggled with the choice of getting the promotional video done and circulated, or spending three to six months to train a bunch of gymnasts on the floor. Those gymnasts would be pretty hard to find because who wants to spend six months to learn how to use the floor works when they won't have it available at their own gym or to compete on. Bye bye six months.....

Nice product. I can't wait to hear how much and how soon.

I've seen a tumble track version of this and it was used by an international traveling power tumbling group and the rebounds were super high and very bouncy. It will be interesting to see if this takes off.

I've seen power tumbling air tracks...HUGE rebound.

Gymnova tumbling track,non continuous air flow costs about 9000 USD.

A tumbling track obviously is a lot narrower then a gym floor,don't think we can just multipy the surface and extrapolate the price.

Been looking at these for the past 6 months. I find that the tumbling strips are a better fit for my gym as they are longer. You definitely don't want to go 'out of bounds.' ;) Here is a Q&A I had with one of their reps. Hope it helps.

I received your web inquiry and can absolutely answer your questions. If I miss anything or if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call me:

1) 60' Tumbling Strip Pricing

Standard Pricing
AirTrack P3 6.5'x50' - $5695
AirTrack P3 9.2'x50' - $7745
Transport $450
60' would be a custom size, we can talk by phone what that means.
2) Warranty - 2 years manufacturers warranty. Covers manufacturing mistakes. That said, everything on the mat can be repaired or replaced. We can patch tears, replace valves and Velcro either ourselves or over the phone with you. There's no way you'll be stuck with a $5000 paper weight.
3) Regulator - $135
4) How often does it need to be inflated.
Quality control requires each mat to maintain a minimum pressure for 16 hours. If you leave it out 24/7 (which some clubs do) you'll need to fill it up for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the morning.
5) Durability
Made with boat fabric. We've used on all surfaces including grass, concrete, sand, court, there's even a video out there of some one using on water. We generally say they have a life span of ~7 years. Though we haven't seen one wear out yet.

Reactions: sce
Yikes, only 7 years for a piece of equipment that costs between $6000-$7000? Of course I don't really know how long a normal floor is supposed to last.

Yikes, only 7 years for a piece of equipment that costs between $6000-$7000? Of course I don't really know how long a normal floor is supposed to last.
and thats not even the full floor. That's the tumble strip. I know costs will gi down in time but I don't see it being viable for the average gym...

and thats not even the full floor. That's the tumble strip. I know costs will gi down in time but I don't see it being viable for the average gym...
Lol, you buy 5 of the AirTrack P3 9.2'x50' - $7745 and connect them together with special connectors... Then, tape off the edge lines... you have extra space on all sides and corners (need approx 40'x40' and this would be 50'x46'). 3 feet extra on each side and 5 feet on each end.
About $45,000 USD for a floor that has a lifespan of 7 years. That means that it is only $6,430 a year to get your floor this way :)
But they have never seen one wear out yet, so you might be able to get 10+ years out of it. All years past the 7 year mark are free... or you could just say the price per year went down.

A standard spring floor 42'x42' (1 foot extra per side and end) costs about $10,000 or more.

We have an air floor track and actually I don't like it too much. It has a little hole so it doesn't keep the air in and needs to be filled again every hour. The girls also say it's hard to the wrist if it's full and if it's not full enough their feet can sometimes touch the ground under it because ours is only 20 cm high. I have seen better tracks in different gyms and they are always higher and the pump needs to be on all the time. The pump is very loud!

I only use it for back tucks, front tucks etc. The tumbling on it is different to floor of course so sometimes girls say they better not tumble on it. It's also very hard to stick the landings.

The worst part is putting it together and into a small bag after use! It's hard and takes time.

I also have to add that keeping little kids from bouncing on it ALL the time is HARD! They don't even notice they jump and jump and jump on it waiting for their turns all the time. And when an other kid is trying to do his/her pass it really bothers him/her if the others are using it as a bouncing castle

Ohh how much are these? I can't see a price and my translation skills aren't working...

It would be great for small gyms with no permanent or sprung floor so kids get to practice full routines...

I had an email about this product today from tracks 2000. Their price is just under £5000. Much cheaper than a full sprung floor so assuming it can be used straight onto a sports hall floor it'd be great for set up-put down clubs!

Ah, upon reading more closely - the larger model is £8650 (8.4m x 8m)
Medium - £6750 (7m x 7m)
Small - £4950 (5.6m x 6m)

The floor is impressive. Very interesting.

But the real nitty-gritty is that pump. I have a double-sized airbed for our tent that takes about 20 minutes to inflate.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back