Parents Rest before states

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nycgymmom

Coach
Proud Parent
My DD has states on a Sunday. Coaches are leaving Friday because some girls go Saturday. So that means my DD will be out of gym 2 days without any gymnastics. What ate your thoughts should she do something to keep her body moving or just enjoy.

Personally I don’t think 2 days is really a break at all. We have been in a situation where DD wouldn’t have gym for 4-5 days before a meet, and in that situation we asked if she could join a different group on a closer day. I would think that for two days your DD will be fine.

I'll go the other direction. Have her do flexibility and things like turns if she has problems with them after time off.

My DD often does very well with a little break before a non-travel meet. She has had some of her best meets after a 3 or 4 day break. I think the time off made her more focused. Local meets only though. All bets are off with a travel meet and performance level.

This happens to us whenever our gym hosts a meet and we go on a Sunday. Sometimes it drives me crazy and sometimes it doesn't

We go Saturday, I’ll be pulling from Friday’s practice to drive. So her last practice will be Wed in less they add Thurs.

I think some stretching would be good both days. Maybe on Friday she can do a little conditioning, handstands, v-ups etc. But just the stretching would probably be okay too. Sometimes, I found that a couple of days to heal their bodes made them more ready for the meet.

DD coach added practice and allowed early sessions to leave for travel. He planned extensively. He also discontinued any heavy conditioning two days prior to meet. Good luck everyone still to compete states.

Reactions: sce
My DD has states on a Sunday. Coaches are leaving Friday because some girls go Saturday. So that means my DD will be out of gym 2 days without any gymnastics. What ate your thoughts should she do something to keep her body moving or just enjoy.
Like the others have said, I bet she’ll be fine! Maybe some light stretching and a cheesy gymnastics movie? Lol You NYCers going to Buffalo will pass sooooo close to us. We are like 10/15 minutes north of where the Thruway and 81 meet. Good luck to all!!!

Our level 10's are asked to do light cardio if it's 2-3 days between practice/meet, but I don't think the lower levels do. It has never been a problem for my DD.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back