Off Topic Rhythmic Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi, i’m unsure in which category to post this but i hope this works :)

i’m 19 years old and started training RG at age 3, when i was 7 i moved to a different country where RG was not even a thing, so i did various dance and acrobatics instead. in recent years i became very sick for a long time but for two years now i’m back at my acrobatics again and really started to miss rg :(

my question is, at 19, could i have any success in rhythmic? i am an advanced dancer and in very good shape (strong, toned muscles) as well as quite flexible. i even have some old apparatus at home from my childhood :)

Age is not the determining factor. Yes, someone at the age of 19 with a good background could have great success in Rhythmic.

But without knowing about your flexibility levels, skills levels, strength levels, opportunities for good coaching etc. it would be impossible to say whether you could go all the way.

Be aware that high level training in rhythmic takes many many hours. Elite RG gymnasts train just as many hours as most elite WAG gymnasts.

It depends on how you define success. You could definitely enjoy the sport and may be able to compete on a local, regional and potentially national level. Find a class, find a coach enjoy and see where it goes.

Age is not the determining factor. Yes, someone at the age of 19 with a good background could have great success in Rhythmic.

But without knowing about your flexibility levels, skills levels, strength levels, opportunities for good coaching etc. it would be impossible to say whether you could go all the way.

Be aware that high level training in rhythmic takes many many hours. Elite RG gymnasts train just as many hours as most elite WAG gymnasts.

thanks for the encouragement, i’ve been planning to move back to my homeland and there’s a pretty big club there i thought i’d give a try, i was just worried because maybe i’m seen as a grandma hahah

as for my physical abilities, i work on them every day, i already have pre-professional dance practice 5 days a week :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back