Ridiculous leotard shipping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Presstohandstands

Coach
Gymnast
Hi I was just wondering if there is another way to order plum leotards at a cheaper shipping rate to Australia. I recently went to order one but cancelled when I realised the shipping was $48 dollars, more than the leotard cost. This problem is the same for other brands like alpha factor and snowflake. Probably isn't anything we can do about it but these brands are loosing lots of customers from Australia that they could have buying there leotards. My other question is are plum leotards worth paying around $90, I can afford it just am not keen on wasting money.

They are great leotards. DD loves them because she says they are soft and comfortable. But imo, no leo is worth $90.00. Hopefully Plum will work something out to get more sales abroad. It would be a benefit to both sides.

The problem is most US online retailers use UPS for international shipping, and they are horrendously expensive! I generally have found that FedEx and DHL are far cheaper. You can always try emailing Plum leo's and see if they can send it through standard mail. My issue with UPS is that if you add an item the postage automatically doubles, so you can't even buy bulk to justify the expense. The only other option is to use a freight forwarding company. The problem with these is you often wont know the shipping cost until your parcel is in their possession, however they are worthwhile for geo-blocked items.

Those Plum ones do sound great! I love the idea of a soft comfortable leo for DD, the second to last GK one we got has such rough stitching she won't wear it :mad:

The global market is pretty sad isn't it! The US Shipping to Australia does the lovely cheap leos in for me too :eek:

I'd second the forwarding company tho never used one. Choice magazine just did a comparison of several of these services and the postage doesn't look too cheap but some companies will send FedEx and DHL and some even will repackage items together to make it cheaper. Maybe they have a shipping calculator?

I've though of asking friends to post on too - but that would just exacerbate MY leo buying problem :D

They are great leotards. DD loves them because she says they are soft and comfortable. But imo, no leo is worth $90.00. Hopefully Plum will work something out to get more sales abroad. It would be a benefit to both sides.
In Australia it's normal for me to pay $90 for a nice gk leotard, although $90 leotards usually have diamontes and plum although comfortable don't really look like they are worth $90

Are you saying Plums are $90 with the horrendous shipping or alone? We have purchased Plums and they are great leos but are only around $30. They are my kids' new favorite.

It's too bad international shipping rates are so high.

Plum leos are pretty good for their listed price, but definitely not worth $90, IMHO. DD thinks they're comfy and adorable, but in my experience they don't hold up in the wash nearly as well as GK, and even Jamwear.

All of DD's leos get washed inside out in the general wash with gentle detergent (Dreft), then they hang to dry. Within 8 or so months, the Plum leo looked like some of DD's other leos have looked after a couple of years... Though it is also the only leo she's ever had with a white base... But you could even see what looked like stretch marks in the fabric. :(

This all said, just ordered DD a new Plum, because she of course needs to have a Plum to wear, but I ordered it on New Years Day when it was $5 off, so it was $28 shipped. I think that's a decent deal. No way for $90 though, unless you REALLY especially want one and it's a one-time thing.

As others have suggested, it may not hurt to ask for alternative shipping options - I got the impression that Plum's a pretty small company, so they may be willing to work with you. Otherwise, do you know anyone here in the States that could order it, then ship it to you?

Can't help you with the shipping problem but - I just got my first plum last week (divergent) and I LOVE it. It is soft, and the pattern is so cute!! Plus the actual leo is pretty inexpensive.

I agree with the above, maybe find someone to buy the leo for you from the US and then ship it?

Do you have a friend/family in the US who can receive the leo at their house and then pass along to you? I just shipped a bandana to New Zealand, so smaller than a leo but still a light-weight piece of fabric and cost was not that much more than shipping within the states. I imagine rates to Australia would be similar? Though likely a bit more for a slightly thicker envelope.
I have heard that some people have had sizing trouble with Plum, I guess the leos run smaller, so I would want to guarantee you are getting the correct size before going through all of that!

^^^^
I ordered one size up from the size my GK leos are, and it fits pretty well. I found the size chart was pretty accurate, but if you email plum your measurements she will help you out. Very friendly customer service! And if it is that much for shipping, and if you don't have a friend from the states, maybe order it to be a little loose and get a few? So at least it's a little better? (ex. instead of a well fitting AS maybe get a loose AM so you have it for a while, and then get a few of them.)

Are you saying Plums are $90 with the horrendous shipping or alone? We have purchased Plums and they are great leos but are only around $30. They are my kids' new favorite.

It's too bad international shipping rates are so high.
The plums are $90 with shipping

I know the pain I was looking at the plums last night and had 3 in my basket then went to check out looked and shipping and not a chance. We need a Australian distributer!

I haven't bought any leotards for training for a over 12 months, when you could still get Snowflake in Australia for under $50. My gymnast is now building up a collection of Nike pros. It's not cheaper, but the mix and match option makes a big difference for her!

We have some fabulous leotards products you can purchase from within Australia. Have you tried SylviaP.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back