WAG Rips/blisters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

squid

Gymnast
Hi everyone! I'm new to Chalkbucket with a question. I'm a fourteen year old level 8 gymnast. My hands are extremely fragile. After just five pirouettes and two Giants, my hands had three rips. Fast forward two days and I had ten. My hands are not soft at all and form calluses easily.
Using a pumice stone helps them last a little longer, but no matter what I do they rip. I've tried preparation H, tea bags, peroxide (shudder), neosporine, everything and anything to heal them, yet they never heal fast enough before my next practice. We do 45 minutes of bars 4 days a week. I'm at a loss of what to do. My coach used to let me do something else once my hands ripped so badly but if I stopped bars every time they ripped badly I would never do bars! Does anyone know why this happens, and how I could help them? I tried to provide a picture but it would not upload.

DuoDerm is a stick-on sheet that cuts to any rip size and keeps the rip protected and hydrated. You just keep it on until the rip heals, when it comes off on its own. Also, HandEBalm works.

DuoDerm is a stick-on sheet that cuts to any rip size and keeps the rip protected and hydrated. You just keep it on until the rip heals, when it comes off on its own. Also, HandEBalm works.
We have duoderm, but the kids can never get it to stay while at practice, even if they tape over it. Any hints on that?

I also rip easily and I use a product called 'udder creme' each night before bed. It helped so much. I buy it at cvs or on amazon. This is more to prevent future rips, than for healing current ones.

Reactions: sce
OK so I looked....what a plethera....which one do I get?

My sis and I use the extra thin kind with the white package that has green and purple stripe things at the top. Sorry that's the best description I can give you. Just a warning before you buy- it may or may not stay on so you might just have to have your gymmie wear it outside of gym [emoji4]

Reactions: sce
My dd does 2 hours of bars 4 to 5 days a week.
She wraps them everyday with tape. She has no choice...and at the end of most days she ice baths her hands to take the burn out.
We go through a lot of tape (which I buy from amazon)
Good luck....its not fun to train with rips and blisters.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back