WAG rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tegan_tegan

Gymnast
I got a bad rip on my hand and a comp in a week but I have training 4 times before the comp
How can I stop the rip from getting worse before the comp as I rarely get rips and they sting alot for me

Hhmm not sure if they sell it there but it's an over the counter medicine in the US typically used for hemorrhoids. Not sure what an AUS equivalent would be but I'm sure you could find out via google. If ask your coach as well they may know of something that works just as good

it should not be a concern,, you should be able to compete at 100 percent with a fresh rip. keep it clean and train on...

My DD wears second skin patches some evenings, and sleeps with Vaseline on her rips, covered with sock gloves. That seems to work well for her.

also do not put anything on your hands that will soften them!

also do not put anything on your hands that will soften them!
We've always been told softer hands makes for less rips. DD runs her calluses every night in the tub with a pumice stone and uses an extreme hand repair lotion. Her hands are super soft, doesn't wear grips, and has ripped less than 5 times in 3 years. She's in tops and training for lvl 7. Just curious if I should start a different regimen......

Reactions: sce
We've always been told softer hands makes for less rips. DD runs her calluses every night in the tub with a pumice stone and uses an extreme hand repair lotion. Her hands are super soft, doesn't wear grips, and has ripped less than 5 times in 3 years. She's in tops and training for lvl 7. Just curious if I should start a different regimen......
Sounds like it works for her.

I heard the same as well.

My daughter does not do anything to her hands. She rips every now and again. I put prescription antibiotic. It helps it heal quickly. I find her rips heal within a couple days. She also uses rip guard to protect a fresh rip. Their gym also has this balloon trick they put on their rips so they can continue practicing,

==
i would not change anything that seems to be working for you. i tell my kids not to put any lotion on hands before workout and to put antibiotics/bag balm on the night before, but not the day of. they are also supposed to wash wrist bands regularly and nightly if they have a wrist rip. rubbing calluses down is very helpful as well.

My DD wears second skin patches some evenings, and sleeps with Vaseline on her rips, covered with sock gloves. That seems to work well for her.

I know I'm going to sound stupid, but I am still on a mission to try anything and everything for DD to minimize rips... Can you tell me which patches you use?
I've found a 2nd skin blister pack, but then also some little moist squares. Any guidance would be greatly apprecaited!!!

it should not be a concern,, you should be able to compete at 100 percent with a fresh rip. keep it clean and train on...

I wish it were that easy for my daughter. I'm not sure if it's her age, maturity, or low pain threshold (which I have), but when she has new rips, she can barely do the bars. :(

I know I'm going to sound stupid, but I am still on a mission to try anything and everything for DD to minimize rips... Can you tell me which patches you use?
I've found a 2nd skin blister pack, but then also some little moist squares. Any guidance would be greatly apprecaited!!!

I wish it were that easy for my daughter. I'm not sure if it's her age, maturity, or low pain threshold (which I have), but when she has new rips, she can barely do the bars. :(

We use the little squares that are moist and gel like. Sometimes with athletic tape to keep them in place. The Vaseline part is what works best though. The skin is usually closed up by the next morning, and my dd usually gets some nasty, bloody rips. Have you tried pre wrap and tale grips before getting rips, to prevent new ones? Good luck figuring out something to work for your dd... Rips really stink!

We use aquaphor and gloves at night. My daughter get few rips and when she does they heal quickly.

We use plain old tea bags. I soak them and get them cold before putting it on. 10-15 minutes and then the rip will turn brown and it is dry the next day. I will definitely look into the Duo Derm as I have not found a way to get DD on bars with a rip!
LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back