RIPS!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so i have been doing gymnastics for 3 years now and have always had a rip problem. i rip always on bars even at compitions. any suggestions on how to heal them faster or how to get stronger skin? much aprieciated

That happens to me too. I use bag balm and lather it on before bed then put socks on my hands to sleep. I haven't really found much to help prevent them. I would say stronger hands helps and if you cover your entire hand with the bag balm it helps strengthen your skin. I have also heard to use tea bags however, when I tried doing that it died my hands which isn't much good. Also don't forget to cut off the extra skin that in no longer connected all the way. If you get a bad rip and have to do bars a tape grip always helps to prevent it from getting much worse.

That happens to me too. I use bag balm and lather it on before bed then put socks on my hands to sleep. I haven't really found much to help prevent them. I would say stronger hands helps and if you cover your entire hand with the bag balm it helps strengthen your skin. I have also heard to use tea bags however, when I tried doing that it died my hands which isn't much good. Also don't forget to cut off the extra skin that in no longer connected all the way. If you get a bad rip and have to do bars a tape grip always helps to prevent it from getting much worse.
thanks so much! maybe it was just my hands were not gettig a lot of calluses durring comp. season because they are better now that it is over!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back