WAG Rocky Season so far

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SuperGirlmlm

Gymnast
We just got back from our first meet not last weekend, but the one before. I was battling a pesky foot injury, and it was starting to get better. Also, I had a big mental block, that I overcame.
Fast forward until last Tuesday, I got really sick and I've been to the doctor 3 times and had a hospital visit as well. I feel better now, but I'm still in a lot of pain and out for at least another week
It's just been rough. We have a big meet in 2 1/2 weeks and I was really looking forward to it, but now I just want to get be at practice!

Good luck. If it makes you feel any better, one of the girls on our team got hit by a ball in school and needed stitches PLUS had a concussion... that was the last week of October. We have had 3 meets since then - and she has been unable to compete at all yet. She still gets dizzy going upside down (or she will get a killer headache). She missed 4 weeks of practice and has only attended once a week since then.

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Hopefully you are getting all of the injuries/illnesses out of the way at once and you will have a healthy successful remainder of the season. Maybe the next meet you won't get to compete AA but getting out there and doing the events that you can do will be a boost. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your injury and illness! I've had an injured hamstring since October which I'm about to start PT for. Fortunately I do not have time to compete otherwise I'd have missed almost the whole season! Good luck and I hope you can compete at your big meet!

Ugh injuries are no fun. In my daughter's very first competition year, after two meets she had a nasty knee injury that kept her out of 3 months of comps mid-season. Back to full health for last two meets, then a few weeks into summer she broke a bone in her wrist and missed all that summer uptraining. Fingers crossed so far so good this year. Just had meet number four today and getting a little better every time. So I understand your frustration!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back