WAG Rod floor / spring floor comparison

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I would love coaches and gymnast opinions on this. How much more power/bounce do you get with a rod floor versus a spring floor. Dd typically transfers new tumbling from tumble track to rod to spring, but I know lots of gyms don't have a rod floor. Do girls at these gyms have a harder time transitioning from tramp to spring?

the transition from rod to spring is negligible. from tumbltrak (trampoline device) to rod or to spring is quite a bit different.

We are in the process of purchasing 40 ft. of rods right now. Great training device.

its a great tool that lessens wear and pounding on the ankles and knees.

My personal experience (tumbling for fun as a retired gymnast-now coach) is that the biggest adjustment is in the timing of the tumbling skills. That being said, I was transferring skills learned on a spring floor to a rod floor/TT. I never had the experience of learning them on a rod/TT and then transferring them to the spring floor :)

It is not that much different to transfer from rod floor to spring floor, but rod floor definitely feels bouncier. However, a lot of gymnasts at our gym prefer the spring floor since to rod floor is skinny and they think that they might fall off. At my old gym when we didn't have a rod floor we learned skills tumbling into the pit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back