Rose Kalem Woo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnut1

Yesterday I saw a video on youtube of this 8 year old from Canada.
She is on the second half of the video after her sister (also very good)

anonym.to - free dereferer service

I hope that works I haven't done a link before.

She is from Quebec and is amazing. How do you get an 8 year old to do a double piked back that high. I know Bog is from Quebec and we have some other canadians on the board. Is she very well known in Canada? I am astounded by her tumbling and leaps. Well everything really. Unbelieveable skills for an 8 year old

Does anybody know anything about her.

Don't you love low bar giants?

She is known in Quebec if you know all about the gym system here and if you see the jeune elite results.

She is from a very strong gym, Gym Richelieu, who have produced many strong gymnasts. In Quebec she is still under our talent training/opportunity programme, which is called Defi. The programme caters for girls aged 4-12 and they do not compete, they are evaluated on pregressive skills. She has done very well in that syste,.

She has not competed yet here as she is too young, girls here do not begin to compete until the year of their 9th birthday. Which gives them lots of time to learn skills as less time is psent on routines, as we have no compulsories we do not spend endless time on specific movements.

Her older sister, Kayen, is also very talented and is the girl in the first half of the video. Don't you love low bar giants?

It remains to be seen if her gym can really pace her enough to keep her around for the 2020 Olympics. I think she is 9 now and will begin competing here. The skills she did in that L10 bar/floor routine are way above what she can compete yet here. Certainly no doubles at all.

Canada seems to be capable of producing some great young talent, but they never seem to last long enough to reperesent us at the senior level.

I saw her at the Eastern Canadian Championships this year and wow, wow, wow, especially on bars! She was in the National Pre-Novice category and while most girls do just giant, giant, giant, layout flaway, Rose did stalders, toe on to handstand, free hip to handstand, an front giants! She was just amazing to watch!

Thanks JFish, I hadn't seen her in the results. She must be turning 10 this year based on her being at Easterns last year. She really is a bar star.

Was she competing skills way above the requirements? From reading the PNN programme she seems to be way beyond the skills? How is that dealt with?

I'll make a point of checking her out at the first National level meet in Quebec.

Both of the girls are wonderful :) I think that Rose is adorable & is an incredible talent, but she still has too much of her little girl form to compete some of what she is doing. Practicing it is one thing, but why not wait until she can compete all of her required skills? It just seems like her coaches are wanting to show her off young. She is not chucking her skills, which is nice to see, but emotionally she looks like she needs to catch up. There are many girls (some very young) that train and don't compete double back pikes, front giants etc. .

I checked on some results sites and she also competed level 9 at the Sand dollar invitational in jan. She beat her sister by 2 places. Must be strange for them to compete in the same level and age category. I wonder if she started gym when her big sister began and so was very young. They are both lovely to watch. I hope someone posts some routines over the winter. Giants on low bar are just too cute!

Bog I've never read the NPN rules but from what I saw at Easterns, the basic/require bar routine is only on the highbar and it is simply beat swing, kip, hanstand 2 or 3 giants, layout flyaway. If the gymnast can do more she takes additional turns and her D score increases. Eg. first turn is the above routine, 2nd turn is front giants to front flyaway or front giants to half turn, 3rd turn is a free hip handstand on the low bar and so on.

For vault I saw the girls either to yurchenko to land on feet or flat back on stacked mats...and possibly some did tsuk to flat back. I know if they landed on their feet they had to lay down and show their distance.

Beam is an actual routine but it looked like their were some basic requirements like press to handstand mount, full turn, flight acro series, round off tuck/layout/twist dismount. Some also did back tucks and aerials.

I didn't get to see floor but I know they do routines and I think they have to have at least a back full, and then a front tumbling line.

Their scoring looks to be open ended so the more they do the higher their D score...ie some had a 9.0 D score I think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back