MAG Rules on hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
So curious. Do schools I. The US actually allow boys to have hair cuts like mohawk’s, green hair, blue hair etc?

Public schools almost certainly would be mute on hairstyles, though there’s always the possibility one might try. Mohawks and hair color aren’t seen as particularly subversive where I live. Private schools are fiefdoms unto themselves, so appearance regulation to the hair degree would be more common there.

And of course, then there's Yul, in a class by himself! :D

One of my son's teammates has very similar hair (both cut and dye). He managed to get a selfie with Yul at BlackJack. Yul told him he liked his hair. :p

As for school, my DD has a male classmate in her public school who has a fairly conservative cut that is dyed the most beautiful shade of silvery blue.

My son's coach will be very happy when the big guy shows up at practice tonight freshly shorn.

Public schools almost certainly would be mute on hairstyles, though there’s always the possibility one might try. Mohawks and hair color aren’t seen as particularly subversive where I live. Private schools are fiefdoms unto themselves, so appearance regulation to the hair degree would be more common there.
My son had a former teammate that went to a private school. He had rules for his hair, but they managed to keep to those rules for school, but then for meets he put his hair in a mohawk

I had heard that there could be deductions for crazy hair colors, so I asked the judge I was sitting next to for scoring once. He said that he would never deduct for that.
Like others, I've seen all different types of "unconventional" hairstyles (quotes because I don't think they're really that unconventional these days) -- hair long enough that people have questioned whether the boy was a girl, beautiful curly afros, and designs shaved into the kid's head. I'm not sure that it's a big deal unless it's somehow distracting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back