Parents Rumors about USAG....coming to and end?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flicfliclay

Proud Parent
So, I have a friend that goes to another gym. Supposedly that gym owner is out telling parents that USAG is going to be dissolving soon. He is saying that this new USAG... not sure who/what it will be called will first be absorbing all the mens gymnast first and that by next year the girls? Also, that all the rules etc have to be changed and that they mens program will have different ages and routines that will be out soon... and of course the womens to follow next year... he said he knows someone and is getting filtered all this information. I told her that is a bunch of baloney.. but yet is it?

I'd say it's not a certainty, but is a possibility. July is when we'll really find out how much of a hit USAG will be taking, because that's when membership renewal rolls around, and that's when any boycotts by members will actually take effect. Considering how many coaches want to see USAG dissolved at this point, it is within the realm of possibility that there will be a sufficient collapse of membership for USAG to dissolve, but it's far from certain.

I'd say it's not a certainty, but is a possibility. July is when we'll really find out how much of a hit USAG will be taking, because that's when membership renewal rolls around, and that's when any boycotts by members will actually take effect. Considering how many coaches want to see USAG dissolved at this point, it is within the realm of possibility that there will be a sufficient collapse of membership for USAG to dissolve, but it's far from certain.
He was basically saying that is will go bankrupt because of all the people suing them. And that some guy is in the process of making a new "club"? I mean to say these things and not really have any significant truth behind it is pretty darn sad.

There is a new organization in process, right? Because I posted about that not too long ago, I had seen something on Facebook...

Reactions: sce
There is a group that is preparing for something that might happen. I do not believe anything is set, but that they are making sure that in the event that USAG does fold, or go bankrupt, that there are options for the gymnasts.

The group that I am aware of, hopes to be able to work with USAG to make the changes necessary to keep it viable and make it a healthy organization (in all ways). However, they are also lining up a new structure in case that is not possible. I get the impression that late summer is when we will have a better idea of which direction it will all go.

For what it's worth, our gym owner, who is pretty involved and connected to USAG, thinks they will not survive.

The group that I am aware of, hopes to be able to work with USAG to make the changes necessary to keep it viable and make it a healthy organization (in all ways). However, they are also lining up a new structure in case that is not possible. I get the impression that late summer is when we will have a better idea of which direction it will all go.

For what it's worth, our gym owner, who is pretty involved and connected to USAG, thinks they will not survive.

THis is correct. They are working with USAG currently......

Any sense of how it might impact routines/levels/overall structure, or is it just way too early to project?

Any sense of how it might impact routines/levels/overall structure, or is it just way too early to project?
So what the gym owner was telling my friend was that they are supposed to get new routines in the next few weeks for this new USAG if you will... i just think he was jumping the gun by a lot.. not that i don't think that USAG will suffer greatly, but for him to insinuate that it will be in the next few months that this new organization be up and going seems like it is far fetched. Bet what do i know ..,i would just assume that it would take a ton of time for a new organization come in and take over with new rules and such...

Reactions: RTT
I have heard that the gym owners in our area are talking a lot about how this is all going down and the basic assumption is that USAG won’t be able to withstand the settlements and will have a very difficult time financially surviving.

I also heard that many of the owners are thinking about witholding the USAG membership payments at least temperarly so that they don’t lose all that money should they dissolve. You just have to pay before the first meet so at least some of the gyms in our area are thinking about holding off until later in the fall to wait and see what happens. But by doing that they are kinda contributing to their demise. Good or bad? I dont’ really know at this point.

The concensus definitely seems to be that they will know “something” by the end of summer and that this new organization is working both paths, trying to help USAG and also having a back up plan. The clubs in our region are even in discussions about what to do if there isn’t a new org in place. Like multiple level 10 showcases for college coaches and putting on meets locally for other levels.

There isn’t really any alternative to USAG for high level gymnasts at this point so I certainly hope that something pulls together or USAG pulls it through and gets their act together soon.

I have heard that the gym owners in our area are talking a lot about how this is all going down and the basic assumption is that USAG won’t be able to withstand the settlements and will have a very difficult time financially surviving.

I also heard that many of the owners are thinking about witholding the USAG membership payments at least temperarly so that they don’t lose all that money should they dissolve. You just have to pay before the first meet so at least some of the gyms in our area are thinking about holding off until later in the fall to wait and see what happens. But by doing that they are kinda contributing to their demise. Good or bad? I dont’ really know at this point.

The concensus definitely seems to be that they will know “something” by the end of summer and that this new organization is working both paths, trying to help USAG and also having a back up plan. The clubs in our region are even in discussions about what to do if there isn’t a new org in place. Like multiple level 10 showcases for college coaches and putting on meets locally for other levels.

There isn’t really any alternative to USAG for high level gymnasts at this point so I certainly hope that something pulls together or USAG pulls it through and gets their act together soon.
So frustrating for all. I really hope that USAG pulls through as well.. but in the right manner.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back