Russian Walkover - Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
Hey there! I'm here to ask for help! A few months ago I was reading the Acro CoP, and saw a skill called the Russian Walkover. Some people call it Back Half Reverse, and I've seen it done as a back walkover stopping in handstand, half turn, front walkover, but I would prefer the version in the videos.
Everytime I try to do it I end up with only 1/4 turn. I can do a back walkover, handstand full turn and front walkover, but I don't know how to put it together!!!
Can you help me???

YouTube - Acro Tricks (0:23)
YouTube - Sports Acrobatics British Senior Trio at Worlds 2006 (1:17)

this is a blind change on the floor. and the girl in the warm up pants does it outward pirouette style. it would be best to do it from a back extension roll first off. you have to learn how to transfer your weight from one arm to the other while turning. i wouldn't do this from a walk over until you've learned it down on the floor first.

and for those that have not seen this skill before, when you jump off both feet and turn to front walk over you have an 'onodi'.

Yeah, I wanted to do a onodi before the Russian Walkover, but I can't do a back handspring, so...
Thanks for your help but I got kinda confused.
See, I'm portuguese, so english terms for gymnastics are kinda complicated.
A blind change is a turn, right? (I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OtBhLvbyaM)

I don't know what's a "outward pirouette style".
I have some difficulties with doing a back extension, but I get trough it.
Didn't really got the part of learning it "down on the floor"?

Would like you to help me understand please.
Thanks again!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back