Coaches Safe sport reporting retaliation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Were you told by Safe Sport that your name would be disclosed? Because my child was. (My child is currently in the middle of a criminal case against her former gymnastics coach for sexual assault and battery.)

When she and the other victims reported the sexual abuse (as well as the emotional & mental abuse and mishandling of injuries) to Safe Sport, the victims had to agree to their identity being disclosed to proceed with a Safe Sport investigation.

Well, technically only their initials went on the notification the coach received, but that’s very easy to figure out….

I don’t agree with that requirement as I think it’s a huge reason more victims don’t speak their truth, but it is currently Safe Sport’s standard procedure.
I am so sorry that your daughter and the other gymnasts are going through this.

Ahh I reread your post and see you stated you reported anonymously. If you used an email address or entered a phone number that has been in USAG or Safe Sport’s database, they may have been able to identify you. However, I have been very impressed with Safe Sport staff and I really don’t believe they would have disclosed anything without discussing with you and getting your approval.
I believe this is how she found out, my email.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back