Parents Sand dollar invite

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ooh, the night before would be perfect. I'll have to see if that's an option for us. Dd competes on Friday, so I don't know if they will be ready to do check in on Thursday, as there are no sessions then.
What session are you in? We will be there fri too

We will be at Presidential this year too. It is our first time so I am curious if it will be similar to Sand Dollar.
What area are you from? That should be fun, this is our first year even competing. We are turning this to a vacation for us.

If you go to the Presidential classic the Parks will be extremely crowded. Our gym goes to the Presidential and we don't go to the parks. We've been to Disney many times but we've never seen it as crowded as Presidents day weekend.

What area are you from? That should be fun, this is our first year even competing. We are turning this to a vacation for us.

We are in south Florida. We have done Sand Dollar before but we are at a new gym and this year so we are doing Presidential. Should be fun!

We have done Sand Dollar in the past and are doing Presidential this year! Loved the medals at Sand Dollar!
I say go early and register and buy your tickets for the meet! Let's hope for great weather- scraping the ice and snow off my car is getting old! (not to mention the salt stains on my pants!)

We skipped Sand Dollar this year because we recently had a stiff tuition hike and too many parents balked at doing a travel meet this year.

The medals and gymnast gift were fabulous! My DD wanted one for each event (dare to dream little girl, dare to dream!) and we still use the beach towel she received. Some really great teams are there so competition was pretty stiff.

My "bad" memories are that it seems like it was tricky seeing the score boards (or maybe I'm just getting old) and that having simultaneous gyms running was distracting because one gym played their music loud enough that it seemed to over power the gym DD was in.

I thought the parking was a piece of cake but the entry fee and concessions were ridiculous and just felt like gouging at that point. Of course, I feel the same way about Disney which is why even if we did go, we would not return to their parks. We had a really bad experience and it really soured me on the most "magical" place on earth.

But if you are a Disney fan and/or independently wealthy (LOL) then it can be really great time. We rented a house for four days while we were there and wish that we had skipped our day at Disney and just stayed around the house swimming.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back