WAG scary floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof2gymmies

Proud Parent
I thought I posted, but now I can not seem to find the post. DD needs some floor music. She is 11, not a dancer, not super powerful, but very pretty lines and what she does she does well. She will be xcel gold. She says she likes "scary" songs. Her current (only :)) favorite is Dead Silence. Any other suggestions?

My dd used Book of Circus Crossings for level 6. Very dramatic. Book of Circus anime has a lot of very dramatic and powerful pieces. Have her check out youtube in the genre.

I always think Sail by awolnation sounds scary, but might be a tad overplayed as I feel like I hear it at every meet.

You definitely did post this! It must have gotten lost in the glitch the other day. I said "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas (one of our L6s did it this season and it was great!) and someone else said The Walking Dead theme song, which I think is also a great idea. Good luck and keep us posted!

I always think Sail by awolnation sounds scary, but might be a tad overplayed as I feel like I hear it at every meet.

To be honest, I LOVE Sail! I did hear it at every meet I judged, and I never got tired of it. I also surprisingly liked Uptown Funk as floor music, I don't like the song, but it worked quite well on floor. I don't like creepy music for floor, just MHO.

At one of my competitions, I heard the theme from American Horror story. A different type of scary, my friend had the theme from Psycho, and her routine was complete with stabbing and knife waving. :eek:

there are quite a few "creepy" pieces on youtube that have something similar to a ballerina music box embedded. dd almost chose one of them a couple years ago. too creepy for me. you could also look at the joker music for batman.

I think the instrumental of Carousel is freaky scary sounding. Could make an interesting floor routine if choreographed the right way.

I thought I posted, but now I can not seem to find the post. DD needs some floor music. She is 11, not a dancer, not super powerful, but very pretty lines and what she does she does well. She will be xcel gold. She says she likes "scary" songs. Her current (only :)) favorite is Dead Silence. Any other suggestions?

Two "scary" favorites:
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01219
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01773

EDIT: one more, this one less scary, but still dark-sounding and dramatic:
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02687

Last edited:
We had a L6 use Dead Silence this year. It was awesome. And we only heard it one other time… and I THINK that was at a college meet, lol.

We had a L6 use Dead Silence this year. It was awesome. And we only heard it one other time… and I THINK that was at a college meet, lol.

That will make her happy. It is her number one pick by far. She likes the others posted, but keeps coming back to Dead Silence.

I also love Dead Silence. Especially with creative choreography. I will try to post a link to a fun routine...I don't know what I am doing so it may not work.

View attachment 6223▶ 1:38

Our L6 started sitting on the floor like a stiff doll coming to life or something… then had a part where she was doing like a "push up crawl" thing… and at the end, she was laying on her stomach with her eyes hidden by her hands - then she "peekaboo"ed :)

Our L6 started sitting on the floor like a stiff doll coming to life or something… then had a part where she was doing like a "push up crawl" thing… and at the end, she was laying on her stomach with her eyes hidden by her hands - then she "peekaboo"ed :)

I don't think I would like to see that. I don't like creepy things or the "zombie culture." I kind of thought that music was a little monotonous, it hardly changed tempo or tune. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think I would like to see that. I don't like creepy things or the "zombie culture." I kind of thought that music was a little monotonous, it hardly changed tempo or tune. But that's just my opinion.
It actually worked out pretty good… the stuff at the beginning was a "time waster" with no possibility for deductions :) Same for the ending. She MAY have had 40 seconds of actual gymnastically deductible stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back