Schedules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
For those whose kids are starting back in the gym, are hours ramping up gradually? My daughter’s team started back this week with just 6 hours, as compared with their usual 14 hours for L5 - L7 (small team, efficient practices). We are keeping her home for now, but if we were sending her back I would strongly agree with the gym’s gradual approach. An abrupt return to full training seems like a recipe for injury.

Gradual approach here- 2 hour practices. I really can't imagine how a gym could go straight to regular practice times, unless a lot of it was slowly easing into conditioning and skills. But, in our area they have to limit the number of kids in the gym so it means gyms have to limit hours and spread things out.

For those whose kids are starting back in the gym, are hours ramping up gradually? My daughter’s team started back this week with just 6 hours, as compared with their usual 14 hours for L5 - L7 (small team, efficient practices). We are keeping her home for now, but if we were sending her back I would strongly agree with the gym’s gradual approach. An abrupt return to full training seems like a recipe for injury.
Ours started with 12 hours per week for the first 2 weeks- 3 hour practices 4 days a week. They also had home workouts to complete. Starting next week they are bumping up to 5 days and 20 hours. This will be my daughter’s first time at 5 days (training level 8) so we’ll see how it goes. I’m glad they started with lower hours - she was so sore last week! This week she seems to be doing fine.

Our boys started with 2 hours a week for 2 weeks. Now they are doing 8-9 hours a week. I have heard rumors that it will go up again, but for now, we are just cruising at the 8-9 hours. He usually does 20-23 hours a week.

Gradual here. Coaches are approaching this similarly to being out of the gym recovering from an injury - you can't just jump in full throttle. Less hours in gym (though in smaller groups thanks to covid guidelines) plus some continued online conditioning.

First week back was only 3 days, starting the second week back to full time summer practice schedule but they are taking training very slowly. No doubles allowed, no dismounts. Back to basics for the first few weeks with lots of conditioning.

We are increasing every 3 weeks. Should be at summer schedule July 6th.

Gradual to start-
My level 6 should be practicing 15 hours per week but they have started at 6 hours (1.5 hours per session) the first two weeks back. The most hours anyone is doing right now is 10 hrs for the level 8+ kids (I think in the summer they are usually around 24 hours). I think they plan on adding hours for the rest of June and hopefully being back to regular summer hours by July.

Gradual here. Coaches are approaching this similarly to being out of the gym recovering from an injury - you can't just jump in full throttle. Less hours in gym (though in smaller groups thanks to covid guidelines) plus some continued online conditioning.

This is exactly what I am HOPING for. Fewer hours with smaller groups - but continue conditioning online so they can take advantage of equipment while in the gym. We'll see!!

We are doing 3 hours in gym and 40 min of conditioning at home so almost at full hours however if DD needs a break at first I wont be shy about letting her take a day. Also we are going on vacation July 4th through the 10th so that will give her a nice little break lol. I may have her sign on and do some conditioning in that time though normally i wouldnt on vacation but they just had two months off so a few work outs while on vacation won't kill her.

DD's gym is going gradual with time and skills. 10 hours week 1, 15 hours week 2 and then back to summer schedule starting last week. She's in week 4 back in the gym.

Started out with conditioning and basics and gradually moving up skills with comfort and ability. My training level 10 started getting back to doing a few level 9 and 10 skills this week but not all of them yet.

Dd's gym has been back 4 weeks. The first 3 were only 2 1/2 hours, 3x a week. Last week they started 4 hour practices 4x a week. It's a little less than before, but not a ton. The first week they were taking it slowly, but they didn't take long to get back to their old skills. But they also did a lot of zoom classes while out. Like 2-3 hours a day. So they really hadn't lost much fitness. Now, after a month back, everyone is at work with next level skills. The only real exception is vault. The vault coach is taking that really slowly. I think my dd said they've only actually flipped a vault once since being back. The first couple of weeks were all about the run and shapes. Then they started doing timers and drills. Hopefully they start flipping soon.

I’m starting gymnastics on this Tuesday. For now it’s 2 days a week with only 6 hours total. I have Tuesday and Friday practices for 3 hours. Groups have been cut short and only 2 groups practice at the same time. So no more than 20 people are in the gym at the same time.

Yea!! We're in Phase 2 now and will be starting back at the gym on the 22nd. They are going to start with just the L8-10s. They would typically be 20 hrs/week in the summer. But to start will just have three 1.5 hour days in the gym and two 1.5 hour zoom classes. The coaches have been prepping the girls saying that it will be complete basics and they will be very cautious to avoid injury. I think that's smart. Of course my 12 year old is already "annoyed and frustrated".

After 2 week of lower hours and basics, and continuing conditioning at home, my daughters gym is going to return to their regular summer schedule next week.
Level 3/4 are going from 4.5 hours to 8 and 9 hours, level 6 from 6 hours to 15 and 7 and up from 10 to 17-22. They said they will continue to work on basics and I have confidence in their plan.

We just started back this week. First week they did privates then next week it will go to 4 two hour practices a week plus zoom conditioning. They do this for two weeks then start summer schedule at full hours. I kinda wish they would graduate it a little like three weeks of 8, 12, 16 or something. It feels like a jump from 8 to twenty is going to be hard, especially on the older girls’ bodies. My dd is very sore, even with all the conditioning she did at home during the break, which was considerable. Oh, and her poor hands... :(

We just started back this week. First week they did privates then next week it will go to 4 two hour practices a week plus zoom conditioning. They do this for two weeks then start summer schedule at full hours. I kinda wish they would graduate it a little like three weeks of 8, 12, 16 or something. It feels like a jump from 8 to twenty is going to be hard, especially on the older girls’ bodies. My dd is very sore, even with all the conditioning she did at home during the break, which was considerable. Oh, and her poor hands... :(

I will let you now! My son is going from 8 hours the past 2 weeks to 20 hours next week....I will keep you posted! lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back