WAG Scholarship spots

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjunkie

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Can someone remind me of the website where you can get a vague idea of how many spots a college has open for upcoming years?

Also college gym news has the current rosters along with who actually has a scholarship and who is a non-scholarship team member which may or may not be more helpful.

The above google sheet won't give you exact number of spot available but looking at each college, you will get an good idea of how many they keep on their roster year to year and how many scholarship slots might open up based on those who are graduating.

Btw, what are the scholarship limits for D1 schools. For some reason 6 sticks in my mind and they can only give full, not partial scholarships like baseball.

Lol, went ahead and answered my own question. D1 one colleges are allowed to have 12 scholarships per team. These scholarships cannot be broken up as in baseball (1 "scholarship" for 3 athletes). However, just because the school is allowed to have 12 scholarships does not mean that they have 12 funded scholarships. Obviously the major programs probably do, but I assume some of the smaller programs are less. That's why I like the college gym news rosters because you can see how many girls are on scholarship versus "walk-on".

I always wondered why some programs seemed to have like 20 girls on a squad while others were closer to 14.

Almost all of the D1 schools fully fund their gymnastics teams. There are a few who fund less spots And I believe there are a few who don't offer full scholarships. Temple and William&Mary come to mind from a few years ago but I don't know their status currently. Obviously the Ivies don't have athletic scholarships either.

D2 schools have 6 scholarships but I think those can be divided.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back