Sending Good Luck wishes to everyone at Sand Dollar this weekend - who is going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wanted to send Good Luck wishes to anyone competing at the Sand Dollar/Whitlow meet at Disney this weekend and ask for some for our 4 Star girls.
Sand Dollar has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, but I wanted to start a thread just for this meet. It's a huge meet and lots of people travel to it - we are coming from Maryland - so thought this might be a good place to see if anyone was going to connect. We are really looking forward to a few days of sun with no prospect of snow or ice!

Good Luck! I'll be there with the team.

We'll be going, but we're also kinda "local".... Don't expect great weather, I hear it may rain and the temps have been up and down, but it does beat the snow I guess.

Anyone going to the Buckeye Classic in Feb? Wishing they would get the schedule up so we could make some airline and hotel plans...

Just got finished with our first session at the Sand Dollar...cool meet!

This will be our third time here, but the last time was 2004 when Em was a Level5 - she's grown a bit since then. We've had good experiences both times we were here before. Looking forward to tomorrow, it should be fun. Em is the first of our "big girls - the L6-8s" to compete so we can spend the rest of the day relaxing and cheering her team mates on.

We were first session today...DGD did better than last week but this week, her floor score was down because she sat on her front pass (not that bad considering she is a back tumbler)...the way I look at it though is that she hits it sometimes and not others, so this was just not her day on floor....but having said that, her bars, which she struggles with came up two tenths of a point, still hitting her feet on her pirouette and still having some form issues with her giants, but better...and her vault was also better, almost back where it should be so all in all, good day...Oh, ya, she scratched beam again because she doesn't get her bwo, bhs series most of the time (major fear issue-this is where she displaced her two fingers last February)...so she can't do beam until she will throw her series...the rest of her beam is phenom...so come on...start throwing something...Good Day...sorry I couldn't find you, Chrystalflipz...would love to have said "hey"....hope your DD had a good day.

DD's team is there now. I would have loved to go for the 'better' weather as well, but the cost was impossible. Good luck to all IGI and all girls attending the meet!! I have heard how awesome this meet really is!! Disney can't be topped in a child's eye!!

Em had a good meet today. Bars could have been better but she did make her handstand pirouette and giants after missing them totally in warm-up. She missed her connection on beam, but she has only been working a cartwheel-roundoff series for just over a week so I'm just happy she is staying on the beam. Her leg is still not strong enough for her to do the BWO/BHS series so they had to change things around. Scored 8.55 on vault - not high enough to medal but it was her best score on vault at level 8 so she is very please with herself. She is currently competing a 1/2on 1/2off which puts the least amount of stress on her knee.
As far as I'm concerned, any meet that Em competes in is a great meet at this point - it's amazing how far she has come in a relatively short time. This is a really fun meet with the added bonus of getting away from the cold - it's 45 here tonight vs 12 at home!
Now to get some rest - tomorrows schedule is to do as little as possible.

Well if you guys stay a couple more days, it's suppose to go into the middle 70's...but just for a couple of days (it is winter ya know)...the weather has been very unpredictable for that last year or so...freezing winters, extremely hot summers...but I must say it still beats the snow (oh of course, when you can play in the snow, nothing beats that). And lilgimmie7, the Sand Dollar is one of my favorite meets (especially if you can metal, cuz the metals are so unique).

Wanted to send Good Luck wishes to anyone competing at the Sand Dollar/Whitlow meet at Disney this weekend and ask for some for our 4 Star girls.
Sand Dollar has been mentioned in a couple of other threads, but I wanted to start a thread just for this meet. It's a huge meet and lots of people travel to it - we are coming from Maryland - so thought this might be a good place to see if anyone was going to connect. We are really looking forward to a few days of sun with no prospect of snow or ice!

Ditto that! Good luck to all participators!! Sending the good luck fairies your way :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back