WAG Senior Gifts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have a really great group of seniors this year who are nearing the end of their season. It's tradition for the juniors on the team to get them a gift, but I feel bad that the coaches don't do anything- especially since 2 of the 3 seniors have been the most incredible team leaders any coach could ask for. Do your gyms/schools do anything for the seniors that isn't too expensive but just a way of showing appreciation for their hard work and contributions to the team?
I'm thinking about giving each a card, would that be too cheesy? I feel like it's something I would have appreciated as a high schooler, but I was a painfully dorky high schooler, so what do I know? :rolleyes:
So any advice from teens/parents of teens would be greatly appreciated!

When I was a senior graduating from our high school team I recieved an album with an engraving and photo of the three seniors on the cover. Inside were photos over the past four years at meets and practices. I still have it 10 years later!

We did a couple pictures of the team in competition suits, one normal one silly in a frame :) each girl also wrote a letter to the senior girls. At the banquet a couple of us older girls put together a slideshow of everybody, but burnt them each a copy.

They loved it & cried!

cheer is different than gymnastics, and my oldest is not dorky at all, ha, but she absolutely cherished the card that her coach gave her senior year.. of couse there were pictures and all that, but she really LOVED what coach wrote in that card..

Last edited:
Last year our coaches bought the Dr. Seuss book--"Oh, the places you'll go" for each senior and wrote a letter on the inside of it. The book is about moving on and going to bigger and better places I believe. It was pretty cute.

Thanks for all the great input! We don't really have a ton of time- no formal post-season banquet or anything and pictures of any of our girls are hard to come by, so unless we were to take pictures over the next 2 weeks at practice that would be just about impossible. I wish we had more but high school gyms don't make for good photo opportunities.
Our girls do something separate for them, at this point it doesn't sound like anything super personal which I'm worried about, so I just want them to know how much they have been appreciated.

Letters from all their younger teammates would be great! Also, notes from the coaches are always appreciated! My senior year we got blankets that said our name, gym name, and how many years we had been on the team. That was a huge hit because we all took them to college with us so we can remember our gym days and be warm :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back