Off Topic Senior year joys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm entering the YMCA nationals one.

I'm going to be done as a gymnast after this year.

Have you thought about doing club in college? University of Dayton (if it's the one in Ohio) has an NAIGC team, and I'm pretty sure that UW-Madison does as well.

My friends are all ticked at me because as of now, I'm done applying.

Now I'm focusing just on scholarships.

argh i feel you on that. right now i'm doing FASFA, VR (vocational rehab. for students w/ disabilities), western student exchange, some local ones through the school (since my mom is a teacher) and the ski resort (once again, kid of an employee) and possibly partial ncaa for gym, but that's not for another year.

not quite a senior yet but i just got my report card 4.83! woo!now i have 3 weeks winter break but my chem teacher gave us an essay over break! woohoo! NOT! if it were biology i wouldnt mind so much but i hate chemistry lol

but i do know what i am going to do. i am going to be a neo natal surgeon. not an i want to be, i will be a neo natal surgeon.

not quite a senior yet but i just got my report card 4.83! woo!now i have 3 weeks winter break but my chem teacher gave us an essay over break! woohoo! NOT! if it were biology i wouldnt mind so much but i hate chemistry lol

You're good! My first quarter gpa was a 4.8086.

I wish my school had weighted grades. Even AP classes go on the normal 4 point scale and it drives me nuts. Well it doesn't bother me because I'm still number 1 in the class, but for the people who don't make the top 20% of the class because they took AP or CITS classes it makes them a little angry...

I just started getting scholarship stuff straight in my head and I'm applying for 14 different local scholarships. And I put in my application to Michigan Tech yesterday...

EEK!

But on a happier note I have a boyfriend! He asked me to the formal dance we have in January by making a little box and putting it in my locker. Inside was a little piece of paper that said "Will you go to couples with me?" and it was really cute!! And the day after christmas we were at a movie and he gave me a haiku he wrote on a picture of a condensation trail left by airplanes in the shape of a heart and the last line of the poem was "Please be my girlfriend."

:)

I wish my school had weighted grades. Even AP classes go on the normal 4 point scale and it drives me nuts. Well it doesn't bother me because I'm still number 1 in the class, but for the people who don't make the top 20% of the class because they took AP or CITS classes it makes them a little angry...

I just started getting scholarship stuff straight in my head and I'm applying for 14 different local scholarships. And I put in my application to Michigan Tech yesterday...

EEK!

But on a happier note I have a boyfriend! He asked me to the formal dance we have in January by making a little box and putting it in my locker. Inside was a little piece of paper that said "Will you go to couples with me?" and it was really cute!! And the day after christmas we were at a movie and he gave me a haiku he wrote on a picture of a condensation trail left by airplanes in the shape of a heart and the last line of the poem was "Please be my girlfriend."

:)

Well that is excellent! :)

I'm not a senior. I'm a freshman so am I allowed to post on this?
But Mike thats crazy! What is your GPA? Let us know if you get in!

Heh, I didn't see this! My GPA was like a 5.1 as of last quarter :D. And I'm not even valedictorian!! Yes, my schedule is packed with honors and AP classes which are all weighted.

I have no idea about Harvard. So hard to get in there!! But I'm keepin my fingers crossed! I already got in another school and am a candidate for a full ride scholarship there :).

That's great, Mike. Good luck with Harvard!

Funny story about the Ivies...I'm on Zinch.com, and you create a profile, schools look at it, and if they like you, they send you a message online so you can reqeust more info. Yesterday I got one from Yale, and I told me dad, and he said immediately, "You can't go to Yale" And I said, "Why not?", to which he replied, "Bush went there". lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, Mike. Good luck with Harvard!

Funny story about the Ivies...I'm on Zinch.com, and you create a profile, schools look at it, and if they like you, they send you a message online so you can reqeust more info. Yesterday I got one from Yale, and I told me dad, and he said immediately, "You can't go to Yale" And I said, "Why not?", to which he replied, "Bush went there". lol

Hah, thats hilarious! Well at least Obama went to Harvard and Columbia (I applied to both)!

NYGymfan you must be a jedi genius. Seriously.

Anyway, why do you all hate Bush so much? He's a numpty in every sense of the word but you voted him in!

NYGymfan you must be a jedi genius. Seriously.

Anyway, why do you all hate Bush so much? He's a numpty in every sense of the word but you voted him in!

Not meeeeee! :D

I actually got to see Gore speak...with Bon Jovi playing at the event. It was my first national political experience, and it was sweet!

I can't believe how much weight you guys get. I took 9 AP classes and 4 classes that were considered more difficult than AP (application-only), and the difference between my unweighted and weighted GPA was less than .2.

By the way, 48% of the voters in the 2004 election did not vote for Bush, and none of us posting in this thread were old enough to vote. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back