Off Topic Senior year joys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

End of the first grading period for school was last week and report cards come tomorrow. 4.0 for me. but thats with an 89.87 in AP calc, so barely. I'm 1/6th of the way done though and I have already worked myself into a cold twice! 4 mornings a week 6-7am cheer practice means getting up at 5. yuck!

I missed 2 days of gymnastics this week do to illness (no school=no gymnastics) and catching up on homework from being sick and after practice today my muscles feel like jello!!

Ug. I just love school.

Yay senior year.... not.

Okay actually it's not too too bad but it's extremley stressful with picking the right college to go to and keeping your grades up while missing 15 days of school. It's been an amazing year so far but not much of it involves the school part. I am just so happy to get this semester over! I have easy classes for the most part next semester and I won't have to worry about choosing a college by then!

Btw congrats on your grades! That's terrific. And I want your grading scale!!

Anyone know where they are going yet?

Last edited:
There are certain times I would not want to ever go back to and some parts of senior year are one of them. Actually pretty much all of senior year sucked spectacularly, but the situation at the end was completely unrelated to school. I'd take a thousand first semester senior years over that one though. So it goes.

Anyway at least now when I stay up all night my classes are done earlier so I can go back to sleep. Oh yeah and I don't do competitive gymnastics anymore which I am not broken up over at all, can't imagine going back to those days. God bless those who can keep it up until their early 20s but I cannot imagine.

I really don't like the fact that it's my senior year. It reminds me of a passage from a book that I read recently, which said that growing up is like learning how to slam doors shut. I can definitely see that reflected in my life-- when I was in HS, I was worried about getting into one of my top colleges. Now I have to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life, and if it's worth doing what I really want if I only have about a 33% chance of ever making it in my dream career... that is, after 7-8 more years of school. There's something that feels a little egomaniacal about even dreaming of being one of the few people that makes it in academia. At least I'm not applying to grad schools this year... I get to go through that fun process next year.

I'm starting to write papers #8, 9, and 10, and I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving break. The only reason that I am functioning at all right now is because our gym is being renovated and repainted, so we don't have practice for two weeks, and we're not going to our first meet.

And I just have to say that I don't miss high school at all.

I have the no school = no gym rule too. I'm kind of stressed about senior year. Having my best ever marking quarter grades-wise. But I also have college applications and scholarship applications to do, not to mention school work and gym. I'm kind of scared of next year. Not knowing where I'll be is a weird feeling. Knowing I'll have all new friends is a weird thought. I love how gym is such a great place to unwind tho. Makes you forget about everything else. I kinda like when my muscles feel like jello though...or at least the day after when you have the "good kind of sore" feeling.

Senior year is stressful for me too, but I've also made some deeper connections with people this year, so in that way it's been awesome.

No one in AP phys ever skips school. If we have too many absences, we can't go to Six Flags. lol I'm scared of rollercoasters anyway. Not like I'd ever dream of skipping.

I missed 2 days of gymnastics this week do to illness (no school=no gymnastics) and catching up on homework from being sick and after practice today my muscles feel like jello!!
quote]

Ugh i hate being sick. I have had a cold twice and the flu once :( So now I am hoping that I will be immune to everything when competiton season comes

Work...ah yes. I worked for over 4 consecutive hours this morning doing homework. Ugh. Mostly because I have next to no time during the week, so I save all projects and such for sundays (I work all day saturdays).

Work...ah yes. I worked for over 4 consecutive hours this morning doing homework. Ugh. Mostly because I have next to no time during the week, so I save all projects and such for sundays (I work all day saturdays).

5 hours every week day of homework and practically all weekend *cries *. And we've only sat one NAB, we're not anywhere near prelim or exam workload yet...

Needless to say gym is off the menu... I just can't do it any more *cries some more*.

Aw. My gym has been affected a bit too, for orchestra concerts, and Invisible Children functions.

ah! it looks like i'm one of the few people here who only really has to do school and gym. well and cheer but that ends on friday (kinda sad). i get a lot of my hwk done in the morning because my mom works at the middle school on our campus and our family has one car, so me and my sis have to go in with her. school is still really hard this year. i took AP US history last year and thought it was hard. well i'm in AP chem this year and it's just as hard! i thought chem was my fav. subject. i'm going to try other stuff at college lol.

anyway how's everyone's apps going? where are you applying?
me:
1) gallaudet university- washington dc
2) csu-northridge- los angeles, ca
3) mesa state college- grand junction, co
4) ft. lewis college- durango, co

and last but not least....

5) utah state university- logan, ut
***go aggies gymnastics!!!***

Been accepted to UW Madison, St. Norbert's, University Dayton, and College of St Benedict

I feel like I'd be bragging if I posted where I was applying...lets just say Harvard is on the list :p.

My friends are all ticked at me because as of now, I'm done applying.

Now I'm focusing just on scholarships.

I feel like I'd be bragging if I posted where I was applying...lets just say Harvard is on the list :p.

OMG. You must be a total brain box.

I'm staying on at school for another year but I'm going to apply to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Strathclyde. :) I won't leave Scotland- no tuition fees anymore :D!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back