WAG Seniors Starting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good floor routine from Mykayla....probably the best I've seen her do. Changing the order of her passes seems to have helped.

I'm actually watching this without my gymmie, as she is spending the night with a friend.

First thought: it's neat to watch these young ladies compete, knowing that I might see them again in the Olympics in 2016.

Second thought: There seems to be a hair trend going on, with a little side braid in front leading into a ponytail or bun. And how do they keep those buns in place?? (a minor thing, but hey - it's where my eyes go)

Probably several layers of rubber bands. My dd has very long hair....I use lots of hair products and 4 rubber bands. And a scrunchy.

DTV is airing the RAvens/Redskins game on NBC, CBS & ABC! Missing the whole thing. Already called DTV. Very disgruntled customer. DD is at a bday party thinking I'm recording it!

Simone is something else...she is so much better than everyone. It's crazy!
I really think that this is just a new era in gymnastics with Simone. She falls off the beam and still no one can touch her. I've been talking about her since she was a relatively unknown junior. So I feel like I discovered her. :). But as exceptional as her gymnastics are (and exceptional is an understatement) her loving soul shines just as bright. Watching her endless modesty and her endless good will towards others (she puts almost as much energy into cheering everyone else on as she puts into her own routines) just warms my heart. Her parents must be amazing people to have raised this wonderful young woman.

I just gotta say...... Simone is totally amazing! That floor routine was crazy spectacular. Can't wait to see her in Rio.

You know, I love Aly Raisman. But watching the solid talent we saw from both the seniors and the juniors my thought is -- Aly's time is over and its obvious to everyone. Whatever small chance I thought she might have for Rio in 2016 is gone. She had her time. Way too much serious talent out there now for any of the Fierce Five except Kyla to even have an outside chance at Rio.

We were there, and the thing I noticed about Simone (well, aside from how completely and utterly mind-blowing she was when she was competing) was how she behaved with the other gymnasts. She was almost always the first or one of the first to go up to someone after an event and offer a hug or one of those sparkling smiles of hers, whether it went well or maybe not as well as the competitor had hoped. She seems to have a lot of true friends scattered throughout the ranks. Just an all around class act. I really hope she can stay healthy long enough to make it to Rio. And I hope she can bring her cheering section with her!

It was great seeing Kyla work her way up to silver and take home the gold on beam! And Ashton Locklear is TREMENDOUS on bars. But I will always have a soft spot for Maggie Nichols -- I just love her gymnastics. So beautiful to watch. I would dearly love to see her go to worlds, though I think they announced she is going to Pan Ams?

Can't wait to see the senior men this afternoon!

On a personal note, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Simone (my DD is built like her) does a great bar routine with very few giants (as in all strength baby!!!) DD smiled a bit on that one! (She's not going to get anywhere near this level, but a talented, short strong 12 year old L8 except those darn giants.....and needed to see that the senior girls look like young women, not stick thin pre-adolescents!). And our whole family of gymnasts loved to see Kyla come back from her first day!

I was also there in person. Ashton Locklear's bars were incredible!! So gorgeous!!
Simone was of course incredible to watch. It looks like she's just playing out there. She has a ton of difficulty already but it looks like she'll be able to add even more before the olympics.
I always love watching Kyla, she looks so tall out there (And she's only 5'3"!!) But her lines are beautiful!
I felt so bad for Aly Baumann. She got up and finished her bar routine like a champ after her fall. But you could tell she didn't think her elbow was okay. She withdrew from Pan Am's because of a hyperextended elbow.

My personal favorites of the competition were Kyla, Amelia Hundley (I just love watching her perform, very excited to see how she does at Pan Ams) and Nica Hults (She is SOO sweet and was devastated not to make the National Team again. I loved watching her in person as I've followed her on youtube since she was young, also spoke to her mom for a bit who is just as sweet!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back