WAG Several new skills in one day after months of nothing, weird

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amusibus

Proud Parent
My daughter, age 8 and level 2 just randomly decided to acquire new skills today. The strange thing is, it happened at home on the grass, at a birthday party with no one really paying attention. She got her back walkover, front limber, and on the trampoline front tuck to a stand. These are all tricks she has never done before. This after months of seemingly no progress at all. This ever happen to anyone else's kid? Two things to note: one, she hardly ever does gymnastics on her own at home, she is just not one of these really motivated kids, and two, she is cautious by nature, not a risk taker. I wonder what possessed her to suddenly get brave and motivated... in any case it is nice to see her happy and proud of herself. High point of my day- the low point was when a 5 year old who couldn't swim pitched himself into my pool and nearly drowned, and I jumped in to pull him out (he was ok) and totally fried my brand new iphone 5, which was in my pocket. Ah well...

Hooray for the new skills! For the phone, try putting it in a bag of rice and leaving it for a few days. Same thing happened to my husbands phone a couple of years ago when he jumped into the pool to rescue our niece. After drying out, it worked fine.

Awesome for your DD! New skills love to pop up when there is no pressure like the summer.
I love the summer because DD gets tones of skills but I have to be prepared for some to disappear when September rolls around.

Yeah, maybe it's that it's summer. Now she is excited about gymnastics. She asked me, "Is it gymnastics day today?". Usually she is fairly indifferent. Likes it, doesn't love it, never complains about going, but never begs for more either. So it's nice to see a little spark :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back