Shawn Johnson leotard collection

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym4life915

I was wonder what you all thought of the Shawn Johnson collection by GK and Adidas.

I was hoping the leotards and shorts would be a little bit better. I was expecting a lot more. I honestly don't like them all that much.

Here are the pictures of the collection (pictures provided by gk-elitesportswear.com)

Shawn1.jpg
Shawn2.jpg
Shawn3.jpg
Shawn4.jpg
Shawn5.jpg

What do you think about the collection?

The poses are pretty weird. The first one makes it look like she is trying to be superman. I don't like the whole theme. it looks like maybe the preschoolers would like it, but nothing older than that.

i would definitely wear the purple leo with the green stripes (with my own black shorts, thank you very much lol)
but i would NEVER wear any of those shorts, the green leo, or the red leo
the blue/turquoise leo is also OK, i just don't know about the giant peace signs...:p

The purple one looks like a swimming costume :s
The one with the peace sign on the side is ok, other than that i don't like them :( I think they're for younger people. I was disappointed cause Shawn usually has such nice leotards!

The giant "SJ" reminds me of the big "L" on all of Laverne's shirts in the show Laverne and Shirley.

The designs seem geared toward younger gymnasts. My 15 year old told me that there's not one she would wear.

My 13 year old loves the colors - torquise and purple are her favorites. She likes the piece sign one. But they are overpriced (IMO)

After the sucess of the Carly Patterson leotards, I was hoping that these ones would do good, also.

Unless you have the initials "SJ" I don't think anyone would wear the red leotard.

My 12yo loves the green and purple colors, but overall thinks the peace sign and initials are silly and isn't interested in any of them. She also thinks these were designed for "little girls."

Two Words: 'Ugh'. 'Ly'.

I agree with gym4life915, with the success of the Carly ones you would expect more. (I still have my Carly leo. lol. :p)

How come Nastia doesn't have a line?! (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I loved the Carly line, don't like any of these at all. Especially the one with her initials? I think her signature is enough. Oh well, I am not supposed to be buying DD new leos anyway. I think 10 is enough. LOL.

Two Words: 'Ugh'. 'Ly'.

I agree with gym4life915, with the success of the Carly ones you would expect more. (I still have my Carly leo. lol. :p)

How come Nastia doesn't have a line?! (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I am fairly certain that Nastia said she would be designing her own leotard collection, also. Shawn may have wanted to get some basic ones in before Christmas/Hannakuh/Kwanzaa?

I am hoping that Nastia will put out prettier leotards.

I like the teal leo with the peace sign, and LOVE thos purple shorts. I may have to buy a pair, if only to pole vault in.

I don't really like them but I cansee what someone would see in them. I totally get what you guys are saying about younger girls. I'm happy for Shawn though, its a great line. It'll sell really good i'm sure.

I am fairly certain that Nastia said she would be designing her own leotard collection, also. Shawn may have wanted to get some basic ones in before Christmas/Hannakuh/Kwanzaa?

I am hoping that Nastia will put out prettier leotards.

Nastia Leos are suppose to come out on the 15th. The will not be online before that. We were at a meet this weekend and a GK Rep was there. She had the brochure. They are MUCH nicer than Shawns, in my opinion.

Yuck. I like the side seam on the turquoise one, but meh at the peace sign. I can't stand initials/labels on clothing either, SJ is out. My kid is a gymnast, not a billboard :mad: I love the Carly leo's, and have seen a big resurgence in them at my gym as of late. I hope Nastia's convey elegance and simple sophistication. When I think of adejectives that describe her I just don't see neons or giant logos.

I like the teal leo with the peace sign, and LOVE thos purple shorts. I may have to buy a pair, if only to pole vault in.

i like the shorts too!!! although i have pair of lime green velvet ones so. maybe i just like crazy shorts!

but i dont' like the peace signs or her initials. someone said earlier the signature on the bottom is enough and i agree.

nastia-leos.jpg
Thanks for all the comments. I will forward them to the GK Design Department. Note that the concept for these leotards (Peace, Love, Shawn Johnson) came from Shawn. The designs simple because they are adidas. If you notice, adidas styls are often more simple, featuring the signature adidas 3 stripes.

Shawn's next leotard line for the Summer will feature new GK styles.

ALSO - Nastia's line is out. Here are pictures of some of her leos:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back