Shawn Johnson on Dancing With the Star

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw on ABC last night that Shawn Johnson will be on Dancing with the Stars next season. I'm excited to see how she does. What do you think? Will her gym experience help or hurt her? She's super short and I think it might hinder her dancing with the pro because they're all pretty tall.

We've never seen her properly dance so I'm really excited about seeing that- but I think her height might be an issue!

Also, on the British Strictly Come Dancing, they're all older. I can't imagine Shawn doing the tango or anything... she looks so young.

We saw how Kristi Yamaguchi did on that show... I think Shawn could do just as well! I'd say that any athletic training at all would help out... she's used to working out for hours at a time, she's faced pressure situations, and she does have a bit of dance background from gym. I think she'll do a great job. :D

It should be interesting. Hopefully there will be some vids online so that I can watch some of it as well.
This show will keep her from going back to training though. Now really throughts are creeping up my mind of us not seeing her in elite competition again.....

yay! that's all i can say! I'm so excited!!!!! ahah
i actually just heard about this on the radio right before gym tonight. I was literally sitting in the car in the parking lot listening to see who made it on the show when they announced her name. I was so not expecting it. haha then i ran in the gym and told all my teammates who were also so excited. lol Good thing we have PVR now because it's on on one of my gym nights (monday).

I'm sure she we do pretty good, not sure if she can win...but i guess we will see. I really hope she gets far though because it will be really fun to watch her.

My math teacher just told me that today! haha. I think it will help her with some of the dancing moves from gym, but I'm not sure how elegantly she moves, and if she'll be too stiff. If Nastia was on it, that'd be good too :] Dance off! haha. They probably will also throw in some fun flips for her too.

As soon as I heard this news, I was really excited! I have never really watched Dancing with the Stars before, but now that she is on it, I will definitely watch it! Her height may be a problem, but then again, it may allow her to do some dancing moves that other dancers will not be able to do. I am sure that her partner will be creative and think of something.

My math teacher just told me that today! haha. I think it will help her with some of the dancing moves from gym, but I'm not sure how elegantly she moves, and if she'll be too stiff. If Nastia was on it, that'd be good too :] Dance off! haha. They probably will also throw in some fun flips for her too.

I read on Nastia's website that she was offered to be on the show but she turned them down so she could train and compete this year. It would have been crazy to see Nastia on the show, now she would have kicked butt lol

I think Shawn has done a great job so far going from gymnastics to dancing. I hope she wins!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back