Shawn Johnson Video in The Onion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NYgymfan

Has everyone seen this??

Home | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

The Onion is usually very funny, as all of their articles are satire....fake....but I think saying that Shawn's parents put her to sleep over a broken leg is going a little bit too far. It's one thing to joke about Obama running for McCain's Arizona Senate seat in 2010, but its entirely different when your talking about someone dying at such a young age. Yeah I know Shawn basically gave up most of the normalcy and privacy in her life when she chose to be a world athlete, but she's still a kid and deserves better then this. Poor Shawn :mad::(.

I thought the same thing, but she doesnt seem to mind it
Her twitter:

OH & LOOK Im still racin around the world even after they tried 2 put me down haha & my leg has healed quite nicely 2! Gotta luv the ONION!about 3 hours ago from Tweetie

Honestly I thought it was pretty funny as well.

Lighten up, guys: it's humor. If you're taking offense, you're taking it too seriously.

I don't watch it, but my friend was talking about how it was so funny. I don't really like shows like that, all celebrities get made fun of. People say it's "just humor", and sure some celebrities take it lightly, but some of the things they say you wouldn't want to hear about yourself. I personally think that the shows can take it too far, and celebrity or not, no person should be talked about like that.

I don't watch it, but my friend was talking about how it was so funny. I don't really like shows like that, all celebrities get made fun of. People say it's "just humor", and sure some celebrities take it lightly, but some of the things they say you wouldn't want to hear about yourself. I personally think that the shows can take it too far, and celebrity or not, no person should be talked about like that.

Shawn evidently thought it was funny.

I stand by what I said: if it offends you, you're taking it too seriously. If such a joke is made about you, and you take offense, well, you take yourself too seriously.

Which is a problem many celebrities have. Fortunately, Shawn does not appear to be one of them.

I saw her Twitter post before I watched the video, as I don't really look at the Onion too often, but I thought it was pretty funny.

I basically agree with everyone else who said that if you get that offended by something, you should reevaluate your feelings, because the whole point, IMO, was to poke fun at the competitive sports world.

i must say that i didn't think there was really anything WRONG with it... but it was in bad taste, definitley. although, that seems that is what the site is about---making fun of things so i wouldn't be too upset over it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back