WAG She is back - Haney files lawsuit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tigtimes

Proud Parent
Well she is back ..... did anyone doubt she would be or that she is currently training a team

Ugh. So her legal "reasoning" is that she was treated more harshly than those who physically/sexually abused gymnasts. Disgusting. Has Laurie released a response this?

Putting aside whether the claims against Haney that were allowed into the hearing (bc somes gymnasts claims were not allowed [riley, and 3 others] not sure why...but they may have had the physical abuse in those claims). This articles says they are quoted as saying “Never before (nor since) Ms. Haney’s case has USAG suspended a coach based solely on claims of alleged emotional harm, where there was not a single allegation of physical or sexual abuse,” the complaint alleges. —

but....that isn't true. The Nyman case was all emotional abuse (no sexual or physical charges). And she also was suspended.....and right before or after the Haney case if I remember right

Putting aside whether the claims against Haney that were allowed into the hearing (bc somes gymnasts claims were not allowed [riley, and 3 others] not sure why...but they may have had the physical abuse in those claims). This articles says they are quoted as saying “Never before (nor since) Ms. Haney’s case has USAG suspended a coach based solely on claims of alleged emotional harm, where there was not a single allegation of physical or sexual abuse,” the complaint alleges. —

but....that isn't true. The Nyman case was all emotional abuse (no sexual or physical charges). And she also was suspended.....and right before or after the Haney case if I remember right
Exactly. Not to mention, even if it were true, this would be a negative about the past negligence of USAG, not a defense of Haney.

My understanding is there was some sort of procedural issue with the claims that weren't allowed-- I think the defense wasn't told about them soon enough or given time to prepare? Someone who knows more please correct me. But from what we heard there were absolutely cases of physical abuse in regard to ignoring injuries that could have potentially been life threatening. If I thought for a second Haney would recognize how she's hurt people and work to change her behavior I'd have more sympathy, but as it stands she's made it entirely obvious that in her mind she did nothing wrong and it's all just a witch hunt. Makes me want her out of this sport now more than ever.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back