Parents She survived the first week of school and practice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We started school this week, which includes full day Kindy for Q.

I was worried she would be exhausted (practice is right after school) - but again, my fears were unfounded. She was fine.

In other news, she's moving right along; the broken arm earlier this summer has not hampered her progress at all!

She's picked up her bridge kickover, her handstand on beam, and on bars her mill circle and her front hip circle. Her back hip circle is close, but not consistent. Oh, and she's apparently not harboring any ill will toward the roundoff (the skill she was doing when she broke her arm), as she does them without hesitation. She's loving the floor work and has asked several times if we could please move the furniture out of the way at home. (Uhh, no. Sorry dear!)

We also rec'd our competition schedule and will have her first meet the w/e before Thanksgiving. It's also the weekend of my oldest son's first reconciliation, so the fun of double bookings has begun! I'm not sure how we're going to do that, other than pray she pulls a Sunday rotation.

Anyway - just wanted to check in with the latest. Hope everyone has been having a great start to August!

Glad she made it through that first week of school and gym. It is tough on them for sure. Even the older girls.

First 2 days back

I am glad it went so smooth for your gymmie! It is so hard getting back into it. We usually have things into a tight routine during the school year but it is an adjustment for the first week or two.

Emma and Ellie started back on Thursday. Chaos at school as the computers were down and no ones schedules were right. On Thursday, Em's school forgot to call her to the office to get her afternoon dose of A.D.D. medicine. So at 4:00 when she got home, she was wreck and full of anxiousness. She couldn't find her gym shorts and broke down crying. We were late for gym due to this and of course the medicine had not kicked in by this point. Rough practice with her lack of focus.

Friday was just as bad. The school did give her the medicine which helped, but I had a crazy work schedule. I had to work Open House/Meet the Teacher at my work(I am a teacher in another school district). I had arranged MIL to pick the girls up and drop them at gym and their coach was expecting them for practice and knew about all this. MIL decides to be late so the girls don't have to go to gym. She got to my house at 4:20 and complained to Emma about how stupid it is to have Friday practices and don't they just want to skip it. And why doesn't Emma want to be a cheerleader. MIL is having severe issues with Em not wanting to be a cheerleader. I am working and getting constant texts from Emma and her coach is getting them too. She was in panic mode. She got to gym 20 minutes late and in a mood from this. Her daddy left his job to pick them up thirty minutes before practice was to end. He got stuck in traffic on the interstate for 45 minutes as there were several accidents due to a bad storm. Thankfully, their coach watched them and did not mind.
Needless to say, we are off to a rocky start.

I'm almost dreading them going back to school. This summer schedule has been nice. My biggest concern is she has practice until 9 on Mondays and 8:30 on Thursdays. New grade usually means more homework and harder assignments. DD is a great student but I just hope it doesn't catch up with her. My ds also has karate until 9:00 every Tues & Thurs so that makes 3 late nights a week. So much for getting them to bed at a decent time!

emandelsmom ~ Wow, what a rocky start for you! I hope things start going a little smoother for you. And what is it with MIL's anyway?? :confused: My MIL must be the only person in dd's life that just doesn't get the whole gymnastics thing. She's constantly asking, doesn't she want to do other things??? My response to that is, well if you knew her better you'd know that this is all she wants to do! I can't believe she purposely made them late for practice. That be the last time I'd ask her for help. That must be why I don't ask mine to help me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back