WAG Shifting wrists in free hips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, I am struggling so much with my free hips. I get around, but my wrists get caught under the bar because I can’t figure out how to shift. I think that I dont do it enough or maybe at the wrong time. I cant get the hang of it and was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Hello, I am struggling so much with my free hips. I get around, but my wrists get caught under the bar because I can’t figure out how to shift. I think that I dont do it enough or maybe at the wrong time. I cant get the hang of it and was wondering if anyone had any tips?
Actually I am having the same exact problem and get stuck before I can kip back up it’s so frustrating!!!

Oh my gosh I have been having the same problem!! Except I have been struggling with this skill for like three years now
One thing my coach and I tried the other day was doing sole circles (that’s what we call them at our gym, I think other people called them different things though. When you jump your feet on like you’re gonna jump to the high bar but instead go backwards around the bar?) and my coach spotted me and it was really great for working out when to shift my wrists!
Hope this helps good luck :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back