Off Topic Should I quit or am I weak?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there, I’m a 14 year old gymnast and I’ve been in this sport for about 6-7 years already. We have an assessment on april 26th which is to determine if I am eligible for the junior spot on the national team or not. I have been dreading this assessment for literally forever now, at first I thought that maybe yeah I can do it and it’s just to see where I’m standing and where I’m at right now, but now that I’ve gotten a glimpse of what it’s like to be in the national team since I’ve been training for 5-6 times a week and 5 hours a day to prepare for the assessment, I don’t think I want it anymore... I dread practice everyday and I feel like I’ve been behind in skills and I just don’t perform the same anymore. Whenever I’m at the gym I just want to go home and my mindset has literally changed to “just get this assessment/training over with.” But at the same time I feel like if I do end up quitting the sport I’ll end up regretting it, whenever I have good trainings like when get a new skill, not get frustrated, or enjoy practice I feel good and happy but those types of trainings barely happen anymore. I feel like if I do end up quitting, in a few months or years I’m going to look back and think “I should have continued” or “I can’t believe I quit, I’m so weak” but at the same time I also feel like doing this almost everyday is destroying me. What should I do?

This is a tough decision. Good luck with it.

However, you are not old enough to be on Chalkbucket. YOu have to be 16 for your safety. Please come back when you are old enough.

Hi there, I’m a 14 year old gymnast and I’ve been in this sport for about 6-7 years already. We have an assessment on april 26th which is to determine if I am eligible for the junior spot on the national team or not. I have been dreading this assessment for literally forever now, at first I thought that maybe yeah I can do it and it’s just to see where I’m standing and where I’m at right now, but now that I’ve gotten a glimpse of what it’s like to be in the national team since I’ve been training for 5-6 times a week and 5 hours a day to prepare for the assessment, I don’t think I want it anymore... I dread practice everyday and I feel like I’ve been behind in skills and I just don’t perform the same anymore. Whenever I’m at the gym I just want to go home and my mindset has literally changed to “just get this assessment/training over with.” But at the same time I feel like if I do end up quitting the sport I’ll end up regretting it, whenever I have good trainings like when get a new skill, not get frustrated, or enjoy practice I feel good and happy but those types of trainings barely happen anymore. I feel like if I do end up quitting, in a few months or years I’m going to look back and think “I should have continued” or “I can’t believe I quit, I’m so weak” but at the same time I also feel like doing this almost everyday is destroying me. What should I do?
You should rest for a couple of months atleast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back