Should I quit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Banna

I've been in gymnastics for about 8 years. I'm a level 7 and I usually train about 20 hours a week. The thing is, I've been having to miss a lot of practices because of school and family related things. I just don't know if I should just quit or not. I've been getting a lot of opinions from the parents and coaches at my gym, but I wanted some from other gymnasts. Thanks

I am a gymnast. In my opinion, you should only quit if you think it is the right thing to do, you are injured, or you don't love the sport. Really the only person that can answer your question is yourself. I am sorry that no one has answered you. But that is my opinion on this.

I've been in gymnastics for about 8 years. I'm a level 7 and I usually train about 20 hours a week. The thing is, I've been having to miss a lot of practices because of school and family related things. I just don't know if I should just quit or not. I've been getting a lot of opinions from the parents and coaches at my gym, but I wanted some from other gymnasts. Thanks

If you still enjoy it, IMO you shouldn't quit

upload_2017-8-25_10-50-8.png

Remember this :)

Honestly, any of my friends who were gymnasts really regretted quitting.

You just have to ask yourself is gymnastics is worth it. Is it worth the time away from your family, the other activities and sports you can't do because of it, the stress? Only you can answer this.

If you truly don’t enjoy doing gymnastics anymore, then you might should consider quitting. Do you still enjoy the amazing feeling of accomplishment after getting a new skill? Do you still enjoy competing? If you still enjoy it in any way, I would suggest that you don’t quit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back