WAG Shoulder blocking for vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Handstand pops are a great one any vault, especially handsprings/flatbacks. What kind of vault are you doing? I know some drills that are half on/tsuk specific I can share.

Handstand pops are a great one any vault, especially handsprings/flatbacks. What kind of vault are you doing? I know some drills that are half on/tsuk specific I can share.
Front handspring. I run fast, punch hard, stay tight, keep my shoulders open, but can’t seem to get that vertical pop.

For a handspring I am not sure what else to tell you except handstand pops × 10000000!

For the half on, the first one you can do at home. The second you should do at the gym.

1. Start like you are about to do a cartwheel.
2. When you get to vertical, pop through your shoulders and get a half turn.
3. Step down out of the handstand position.
4. You should finish like you completed a handstand, but backwards of the way you started.

1. Set up an 8 inches against the wall and some soft mats or pit pillows on the ground. Stand on the mat facing the wall.
2. Act like you are about to do a cartwheel but put your hands sideways on the wall.
3. Kick with your feet, pop off your hands to get a quarter turn to fall flat on your back to the mat.

For a handspring I am not sure what else to tell you except handstand pops × 10000000!

For the half on, the first one you can do at home. The second you should do at the gym.

1. Start like you are about to do a cartwheel.
2. When you get to vertical, pop through your shoulders and get a half turn.
3. Step down out of the handstand position.
4. You should finish like you completed a handstand, but backwards of the way you started.

1. Set up an 8 inches against the wall and some soft mats or pit pillows on the ground. Stand on the mat facing the wall.
2. Act like you are about to do a cartwheel but put your hands sideways on the wall.
3. Kick with your feet, pop off your hands to get a quarter turn to fall flat on your back to the mat.
Thank you so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back