Shoulder Issues

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A couple months ago I started having shoulder pain. When it didn't go away, I went to get it checked out.

Apparently my shoulder could have tendinitis, bursitis, or even be subluxated. Because of this, I'm not allowed to do bars until I found out what's wrong. As much as my hands are grateful for this, I miss bars a lot!

I'm currently waiting to get an x-ray, and hoping that it's nothing serious.

I hope it is something not too serious and it heals up quickly! I love bars, too!

You say a couple of months ago. So that's about when Regionals happened. Is there a skill on bars that was being tweaked and tuned-up to prepare for regionals. Maybe a high to low bar transition with an out of balance landing.:eek:

Just though I'd ask because I doubt the pain is being caused by old age :D , and it would be nice to know what caused it in the first place. It'd be nice to figure that out so you can avoid the motion or reduce the numbers on the motion to stay pain free after you heal.

In the meantime......Say hello to the ice bag and the doctor for me. Me and the icebag, and the doctor, are old friends.....;)

Actually I think I remember how I hurt it. I have flexible shoulders, and I've always been able to move them around quite a bit. But one day in a bhs on beam I had my shoulder at a weird angle, so when I jumped onto my hands my shoulder hurt really badly.
I've done this maybe 3 times?
The shoulder pain has actually been recurring since my first season of level 8 (2010-11), but it's gotten worse recently.

Hopefully it's nothing that an ice bag can't help :)

You never know what you have until it's gone. I really hope it's nothing serious...It makes me sad when a gymnast gets hurt, they work so hard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back