WAG Shoulder problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

About a week ago my shoulder started hurting. Not too bad or all the time but jolts of pain would come out of nowhere and they'd only last about a sec. Well I didn't tell my coach because I thought it was nothing but I did tell my teammate. The other day we were at gym and in the middle of doing my floor routine it started to hurt and my coach could tell something was wrong at the en but I still didn't say anything, so my friend did while I went and got water. Now my coach is making her husband look at it tomorrow and I freaking out! She told me that it's probably just overuse but I could miss my January meets and to make things worse there's a bruise on my shoulder and I have no idea where it came from! Someone please calm me down I'm freakin out on wharves gonna say ( he's a physical therapist)

Don't worry about what may come. Just do the best you can each day with the tools you have, and let that be enough. Since you're fortunate enough to have access to a physical therapist you'll get very good advice and likely end up with a treatment plan that will allow you to compete. That's the view I'd take until you see the P.T. and then an orthopedic doctor for a complete diagnosis.

Don't worry about what may come. Just do the best you can each day with the tools you have, and let that be enough. Since you're fortunate enough to have access to a physical therapist you'll get very good advice and likely end up with a treatment plan that will allow you to compete. That's the view I'd take until you see the P.T. and then an orthopedic doctor for a complete diagnosis.

Thanks, it's really hurting right now so I don't know if ill end up even going tomorrow. I'm afraid of what she'll say about the bruise, especially because that's not even where in hurt. She told my mom that if he thinks it's more than overuse we should go see the dr. But because she found out Monday she figured that we would get in to anybody before Thursday anyway

I don't like the term 'just overuse'. Overuse injuries can be very serious, they are not 'nothing'. If this doesn't get better by itself within a few days, you need to get a professional diagnosis.

I don't like the term 'just overuse'. Overuse injuries can be very serious, they are not 'nothing'. If this doesn't get better by itself within a few days, you need to get a professional diagnosis.
I'm going tomorrow her husband didn't know what it could be but because I have a bruise he thinks it's traumatic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back