WAG Shoulder soreness

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Eleven sol

Proud Parent
My daughter started mentioning that her one shoulder was stiff this summer. She said she has to stretch it a lot at the start of practice. She joined xcel this fall and increased hours from 4 to 8, doing a lot more bars and strength. In addition she is constantly on monkey bars and doing handstands out of practice. On Thursday she said it hurt during prolonged handstands and glide swings. So on Friday I called the pediatrician to have it checked out. The pediatrician did not want to see us, sent us directly to an orthopedic dr who refused to see us without the pediatrician first. Called pediatrician back and she is still reluctant to sees us but finally we get an appointment for next week. Meanwhile I ban daughter from any gymnastics outside of gym. She goes today and says it is much better but still a little sore from strength 2 days before. She was all proud of almost getting her front hip circle. Said it was only sore at start of practice until it stretched out. Had her ice it; told her not to use it. I am feeling a little worried that pediatrician has no confidence in being able to look at her shoulder next week. She should do an X-ray, right? I think it is possible even likely it is just sore but better safe than sorry.

My daughter has sore shoulders all the time right now, so I was coming to tell you what we do. Hers is not an injury though, it is her bar coach deciding since she has her routine for the coming season, now was the time to catch her shoulder strength up to what it needs to be to move to the next level next year. She changed gyms recently, and he noticed her weak shoulders the first day she was there. I have no injury advice though. I hope you get it worked out. :(

Thanks. I think it may just be soreness. She does not have any pain today. I am not familiar with gymnastics so not sure how strongly to react to her pain. The shoulder pain has been inconsistent. I am thinking now probably after she strength trains.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back