Sick and 2 girls competing tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
I woke up this morning with a fever and a cough, thought for sure it was the flu that has been going around...but thankfully, it is not! It is bronchitis and I got the "good" cough medicine and some antibiotics!

Anyway, tonight I have to do 2 heads of hair in very curly ponytails when they get home from gym at 8! Usually takes me about 3 hours...Little DD is competing her very first L4 meet tomorrow and older DD is competing L5 in the session right after hers...very exciting.

Would appreciate "health" fairies for our family (hope they don't catch it!) and of course super good luck wishes to my little DD at her first L4 meet. She does not have those darn bar skills down yet, so it will be interesting to see what she will do. She's not nervous so far which is good. Hopefully it will be a fun day for all and I don't hack and cough and scare someone off the beam!:eek:

Oh no, I sure hope you get to feeling a little better by tomorrow. And that the babies dont get it too. Good luck to your DDs. Im sure you little one will do just fine. As will your older dd. At least their sessions are right next to each other and not one in the morning and one at night or even two sperate days. Good luck to all, and keep us posted

OH gosh I hope those antibiotics kick in fast. You usually see a big improvement after the first 24 hours.

Good luck with that hair, can you get away with a slacker ponytail? I am not sure I could do three hours of hair when I just want to go to bed.

Best of luck to the girls.

Oh my, sending all the health vibes I can. We too have been struck by the bronchitis bug - both ds and dh down with it earlier in the week. Also sending good luck vibes to your dds!

good health vibes for you...and I know this probably won't help this time, but have you ever tried curlformers? Little tricky at first , but as soon as you catch on, you can do their whole head in about 15-20 minutes, and they are soft enough to sleep on. the curls stay great-all day and into the next if you don't wash the hair, are super super curly, and you can take the curlformers out in about 3 minutes flat. Sally's carries them. We use them for dance rectals n such. Just an idea...

Oh no! I am right there with you with the sickness, our whole family has battled it all week. I hope they have a great meet and that you feel better soon!

Been there. Wishing you well!! Remember it's not about the hair. Save yourself time and do something easy. My slacker hair do is a bun or braid. Quick and easy. Good luck!

OH gosh I hope those antibiotics kick in fast. You usually see a big improvement after the first 24 hours.

Good luck with that hair, can you get away with a slacker ponytail? I am not sure I could do three hours of hair when I just want to go to bed.

Best of luck to the girls.

Thanks! I so wish I could slack on the hair, but we have a hair requirement for competitions...I have it down to a science but it still takes a darn long time! Trying to rest on the couch before they get home!

good health vibes for you...and I know this probably won't help this time, but have you ever tried curlformers? Little tricky at first , but as soon as you catch on, you can do their whole head in about 15-20 minutes, and they are soft enough to sleep on. the curls stay great-all day and into the next if you don't wash the hair, are super super curly, and you can take the curlformers out in about 3 minutes flat. Sally's carries them. We use them for dance rectals n such. Just an idea...

Hmmm...I think I am going to take a look at those. 15-20 min sounds great!!!!! Probably not for tonight though...they are going to be home soon! Thanks for the idea!

So glad my dd has never had a gym with a hair requirement - except that it be above the shoulders for competition. We do the slacker ponytail for all meets!!

Good luck to you and your girls tomorrow.

I hope you feel better!! Good luck to both of your girls tomorrow!!

We are in Virginia for a meet this weekend.

Tracy

Thanks all. I still feel pretty terrible today, am trying to rest as much as I can and will probably stay home from work tomorrow...
We all survived the hairdo's and the meet. It was a long day!

Little DD needed spots on bars and beam (dismount) and her scores were really low. She made it up on the vault though without a spot and did a pretty good floor routine! Her BHS was nice. She had fun and didn't seem to understand her scores which is a big advantage to being 6! The goody bag at the end was the main highlight of the day for her! So cute.

Older DD had a rough day, fell off beam on her cartwheel but still got a 8.75. She was the first one to go in the whole meet and I think that threw her a little. Since beam was her first event and she didn't look too happy afterwards, it was not a good way to start the day I don't think! Bars were good @8.95, floor was ok (still BHS issues) with a 8.65 and vault was a problem again, 7.7. She can't seem to get over that 8 hurdle with that darn vault. Her age division was super tough, she came in last in every event except bars!!!!! Wow! That was a shock! It was our home meet, I had hoped older DD would do better on vault since it is her "home" vault, but not this time. Next weekend is a travel meet, older DD competes at 8am Friday and younger DD at 1pm Saturday. It'll be here before I know it...gotta get well and keep them from getting this crud that I have!!!

Hope to get some video up sometime soon, but not today. Today...it is the couch between the 30 million loads of laundry that I have to do!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back