Parents Sick and practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gaby

Proud Parent
My daughter has a flu. Now no fever, still a little coughing and low energy , should I let her go to the practice? It has been maybe almost two weeks now, she really wants to go, doing level 9 skills. I am worried about her body , maybe need more rest. Any advices ?

Ask a medical professional if she is still contagious and cleared for practice. Then ask yourself as her parent if you think she is ok. That is all.

Did she test positive for the flu at a doctors office or are you just calling it a flu? Has she been on antibiotics? How is her energy level? I agree with the previous poster that said to ask a medical profesional if she is still contagious.

When my daughter had the flu last year it knocked her down and she was laid up for a good week. But with a normal cold I would go by symptoms and energy level.

She coughs a lot. We don’t use medicine until we feel she is really sick. . She still has normal mood and is normally active . We don’t like the side effects of medicine. She drinks lots of water and vitamin C.

We didn’t see a doctor since it is a regular flu. The fever faded away. Now just coughing.

If you are several days out from the fever and her mood is good, has some energy back, I would let her go, with modifications. Talk with the coach that this is ok. That cough could last for several weeks so not worth keeping her out until it subsides but she will need to take it easy due to fatigue

Not COVID because we did the test . Based on the symptoms, we more of think of it as Flu ,maybe just a cold.

doesn't matter at this point. Fever is gone. It has been a week and she is feeling better. The chance of her being contagious is minimal
I'm not sure how you can be so definitive. People who are 100% asymptomatic have passed covid around, leading to outbreaks.

Sick people should stay home from practice. Otherwise you risk other people getting sick. If a sick kid who's coughing HAS to go, because god forbid you miss out on some gym, they should do the respectful thing and wear a mask -- even if doing so is dubiously effective.

I'm not sure how you can be so definitive. People who are 100% asymptomatic have passed covid around, leading to outbreaks.

Sick people should stay home from practice. Otherwise you risk other people getting sick. If a sick kid who's coughing HAS to go, because god forbid you miss out on some gym, they should do the respectful thing and wear a mask -- even if doing so is dubiously effective.
She was not asypmtomatic. She was sick. And now she is a week out from first symptoms. The chance of spreading anything at this point is minimal - doesn't matter what the virus was. That cough could be around for 6 weeks if it was the flu. And the cough does not mean she is still contagious, regardless of what it is. Is she supposed to stay out of the gym and school and work (if she were an adult) for that long? It is not realistic. Everything is about risk vs benefit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back