WAG Side aerial help? Keep falling on my knee!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, former cheerleader/acro dancer here. I used to have a really good side aerial. I'm trying to regain it on the ground again and I've definitely made some progress. I keep falling on my knee though. Here is a link to a video, please let me know how I can actually land it (please be specific).

Make sure you are training your side ariel with a qualified coach. Landings like this can dislocate your knee, tear your Meniscus or tear your ACL. All very serious injuries that can result in years of recovery.

Definitely avoid practicing it on your own like this until your coach has helped you develop it to a much safer standard.

An aerial needs to be like a front to back cartwheel, not a side to side cartwheel like you are attempting.

I can do a front to back cartwheel & thats what I try to do in the air but I cant seem to make it the same as my cartwheels.

you need to set up more before starting the skill. you also need to think about landing facing the direction you started. practicing needle kicks should help you get your feet over faster

you need to set up more before starting the skill. you also need to think about landing facing the direction you started. practicing needle kicks should help you get your feet over faster
By set do you mean, jump? I just came back from tumbling & thats what my coach told me to work on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back