Parents Sidelined for a few weeks :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Little Monkey caught her foot between 2 mats on Saturday and ended up with an avulsion fracture :( So.... this means no Sand Dollar Meet this week and no Parkettes next week (at least we can stop worry about report time now!). Going to see sports ortho tomorrow to confirm diagnosis and discuss plans with coaches to condition for the next few weeks. The coaches, teammates and parents have been wonderful with phone calls and texts, another reason to love her new gym!

LM is very upset about not being able to compete in these upcoming meets, but with luck and rest, she may be back in time for sectionals in February.

Please send your healing fairies this way!

Sending healing fairies her way. I seem to remember that she has done very well this season. I am sure she will be back in shape in no time at all.

what a bummer !! so sorry she is hurt. I would be upset about missing a meet in Florida too Brrrrrrrrr it's freezing here !!

hope she gets some good nres from the Dr and can be back soon.

Darn it. So sorry you DD is hurt. I hope she heals quickly and completly. I bet not being able to compete hurts her just as much as he fracture. Keep us posted on how things go.

Thanks, all. She is very upset about the meets. We are still going to Sand Dollar to cheer on her teammates, since most of the trip is non-refundable. That perked her up a bit.

She has been having a great season and I'm thankful for that, as it would have been tough to have something like this happen before being able to compete a new level for a new team.

Ugh. Soooo sorry. Hope she can have some fun in FL and cheer her teammates on. Sending wishes for super speedy and easy recovery.

Hi all, we saw the pediatric ortho yesterday and he put LM in a boot, without the crutches. He checked for Jones' fracture, which she doesn't have. He told her 3 weeks with boot, then come back after 4th week (hopefully to be released). Unfortunately, at the end of week 4, he will be away, with a covering dr only for emergencies...so it will be close to 5 weeks by her next appt. Also, it's the day before the sectional meet. HC has decided not to rush back into competing.... so LM will do Sectional #3 in March instead. In the meantime, she will be conditioning, doing strength, stretching and strap bar. The only restrictions Ortho has given her are the obvious - no tumbling, no dismounts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back