WAG Simone Biles Is Returning To Competition (per Brady Quinn)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
According to former NFL quarterback Brady Quinn (Alicia Sacramone Quinn's Husband)... Simone is returning to competition...

Awesome! Love witnessing her rip up the presumed upper limits of this sport. For as long as she's competing, I'll be watching.

Nice to know you can get past the twisties, thought once that develops it's sort of a permanent situation.

Has anyone heard an update on Gabby Douglas? She was confirmed to be training at WOGA in February but I don't think I've heard anything since then? It is just going to get harder and harder to make these teams. And NCAA is just going to keep getting more competitive. Do you think we will see even more athletes start claiming their citizenship for other countries? Feel free to link that other thread if you find it appropriate.

Nice to know you can get past the twisties, thought once that develops it's sort of a permanent situation.

We have had gymnasts have this issue (we don't call it the "twisties")... to date... all of the gymnasts that have had this issue have been able to overcome it. Most of the time we take them all the way back down to 1/2 flips on the trampoline... stomach to back and back to stomach.

As far as the fear of back tumbling... that one we have much less success at overcoming.

Has anyone heard an update on Gabby Douglas? She was confirmed to be training at WOGA in February but I don't think I've heard anything since then? It is just going to get harder and harder to make these teams. And NCAA is just going to keep getting more competitive. Do you think we will see even more athletes start claiming their citizenship for other countries? Feel free to link that other thread if you find it appropriate.
I’ve heard from someone at the gym that she looks better then she has ever looked.

We have had gymnasts have this issue (we don't call it the "twisties")... to date... all of the gymnasts that have had this issue have been able to overcome it. Most of the time we take them all the way back down to 1/2 flips on the trampoline... stomach to back and back to stomach.

As far as the fear of back tumbling... that one we have much less success at overcoming.
The girls on our team who developed a true fear of back tumbling took a minimum of 18 months (including some time off) to get over the fear, although we did also have girls who never got over it and either adapted or retired.

My daughter is one of those who never really got over it and just adapted. Luckily, she is a powerful front tumbler. Coaches over the years have tried to incorporate back tumbling into her routines, and I get why they would do that, but I think she always did better when she was completely comfortable with all of her skills and not trying to do something she was still afraid to execute especially in competition. She is going to a D3 school in the fall so it will be interesting to see what the coaches do there.

I'm excited to watch her compete again! Sad she had to go through her issues, but at least it helped kids going through the same thing to know that it happens even to the best!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back