Simone has her 13 year old skill back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was watching thinking ‘that’s not a double tuck, that’s a double layo.....oh!

I do not think I have ever seen anyone tumble out of a double layout. Does the COP even account for how hard it this connection is?

I wonder if she’s just playing or if she‘s planning for Tokyo. I remember wondering the same thing when we saw the triple double off the tumbling surface, and she transitioned that to the floor.

I was watching thinking ‘that’s not a double tuck, that’s a double layo.....oh!

I do not think I have ever seen anyone tumble out of a double layout. Does the COP even account for how hard it this connection is?

It's super-common in power tumbling. Not so much in artistic. It would be valued as an F + D connection, which is (only) +0.2. (EDIT: that's .2 in addition to the value of the F (.6) and the D (.4). So total, the pass would be worth 1.2 -- no small amount, but there are much easier ways to get that)

I wonder if she’s just playing or if she‘s planning for Tokyo. I remember wondering the same thing when we saw the triple double off the tumbling surface, and she transitioned that to the floor.

I strongly suspect this is just play. The bump in value wouldn't be worth the difficulty of the connection; also it would be insanely hard to reliably fit this into a diagonal.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back