WAG Simone's Yurchenko Double Pike: it's real!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She is amazing! She absolutely flew on that vault. Do the men compete it?

She is amazing! She absolutely flew on that vault. Do the men compete it?
I believe it's in the men's code, but I don't recall ever actually seeing it in competition.

It's comparable in difficulty to the vaults typically seen in world/olympic finals among male gymnasts.

If Simone were to compete this in MAG, she would still have a significant shot at an Olympic medal.

I believe it's in the men's code, but I don't recall ever actually seeing it in competition.

It's comparable in difficulty to the vaults typically seen in world/olympic finals among male gymnasts.

If Simone were to compete this in MAG, she would still have a significant shot at an Olympic medal.
Kristian Thomas competed it at he London Open. David Sender also competed it at the 2012 Visa Championships.

I love all the coverage this is getting for gymnastics...

If you find more articles and news features... link them here.

I love all the coverage this is getting for gymnastics...

If you find more articles and news features... link them here.
It was noted during the broadcast that LeBron James tweeted about her vault. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he has been a big cheerleader and supporter of female athletes. Great that he's using his social media presence to draw attention to her achievement.

Simone’s vault has been getting lots of national media attention. Simone AND Chellsie are both on the website for People magazine today. It’s great to see gymnastics and frankly women’s sports getting positive media coverage.
My 8yo gymmie daughter is quite small for her age and has lovely muscular shoulders/arms. She often laments both of these things when well-meaning family and friends comment on this. When we watched the pre-show together on Peacock, she noticed Simone's small size and her muscular arms and was pleased (the WCC girls warmed up in tank leos). This made me happy.

My 8yo gymmie daughter is quite small for her age and has lovely muscular shoulders/arms. She often laments both of these things when well-meaning family and friends comment on this. When we watched the pre-show together on Peacock, she noticed Simone's small size and her muscular arms and was pleased (the WCC girls warmed up in tank leos). This made me happy.
That's so cool!

My DD's connection with Simone is a little different. She didn't watch Session 2 with me, but I one of the things I mentioned to her afterwards is that Simone apparently *hates* bars and wishes she could take a chainsaw to them, LOL (per the commentators). My daughter cheerfully exclaimed, "I hate bars too!", which I didn't know but it cracked me up.

@TumbleTimes4 It was absolutely AMAZING and breathtaking to see in person!! We’re big fans of the Pitch Meeting guy on YouTube so we made our own gif, lol.

Attachments

• 6864C433-1EB5-4BC1-9B4B-ACA1738570CB.gif
    6864C433-1EB5-4BC1-9B4B-ACA1738570CB.gif
    9.3 MB · Views: 46

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back