WAG Sinding Larsen Johansson syndrome (SLJ)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom2008

Proud Parent
My 8-year old Level 4 daughter has developed SLJ in both knees. Was given FANTASTIC gym mom advice from a FB group this week.

We are icing, Motrin twice a day, and I've ordered a Cho double knee strap. We are looking into corrective exercises. Mind you, she was diagnosed last Thur. So we are only in first week of nursing this injury. We have 8-10 weeks of a full recovery away. And state is 3 weeks. I hope she can compete.

She is attending practices but fully focusing on upper body conditioning. Keeping her in TOPS, all practices, but again upper body conditioning and quad strengthening. No poundubg. No running. No tumbling. We are even scratching her from our 11/5 meet to have her fully heal before state on 11/19.

I feel we have been well-advised, taking it seriously, and will see her recover. But I do like sharing this experience with other Moms. My daughter is so obedient with this. I'm blown away by seeing her discipline and commitment. It's interesting to see the REAL athlete under the layers of medals, scores, levels, and the cheering on her teammmates to kill it next week at the meet she is missing. I'm amazed on what I'm seeing.

I think I'm more proud of this girl than with straight A's, new skills, and high scores.

There's something about seeing a five human being develop out of this sport.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's injury, but kudos to her on her great attitude! She has the perseverance to get through this and come back that much stronger!

I was going to ask about the five human beings ;)
I agree with you about how the sport can bring out the best in our little ones. Sorry about the injury. Hope she recovers quickly!

Stretching stretching stretching! My dd went through this. Stretching out her tight quads, hamstrings and calves. Using a roller on them helped as well. Good luck for a fast resolution for your dd.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back