Skill Coding Chart A, B, C

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
I've found a lot of information on the internet regarding which skills are required for each level (optionals). They list things such as 3C skills are needed along with 2Bs and that kind of stuff. What I want to know is where can I find a list of what skills are rated as an A, B, C, and so forth. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

I think the information on what value skills are is in the "big book" that USAG puts out.

Your DD or DS gym sould have one of these books. Updates are sent and put out iregulalry by USAG before each new season.

Ask at the gym usually at our club all the kids know where it is.

Thanks, I know about the book but our coaches are also the gym owners and they don't keep it at the gym. I know I could ask but I wanted to find it someplace on the internet so I didn't always have to bug them to look it up.

The FIG code is all right for general use, but the values for certain skills are higher in JO than they are in elite. Also, JO doesn't use Fs and Gs.

It would be nice if there was a list of skills that had different values in JO than in FIG. To my knowledge, however, there is not such thing. Everything's going to be at least what it is in FIG, but some skills are given a higher rating in JO. I know the FIG code fairly well, so my dd always asks me "what's this, or that," usually about dance elements. Sometimes I tell her something's a B, but when she asks her coaches if she can put it in her routine, they say "no because it's a C." (she's level 7 and they can't do most Cs).

You can buy a JO Code of points from USAG- just go to the uSAG website and its under the link "merchandise" or something similar.

Or, you daughter can just ask her coaches what things are worth......

Some of those values are wrong. Shanfan uses the elite code, and I suspect it hasn't been updated for at least 4 years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back