MAG Skill difficulty level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
So my brother just started dabbling in gymnastics because he thought it would help his pole vaulting. He even participated in a Master's Meet on vault. He was talking about potentially adding high bar and floor next year. Being a gymnast and a coach, I can help him with some stuff. But as I am a girl, I am unfamiliar with the skill values for guys and we don't have a guys team at our gym so I don't have the resources.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me some easier "B" Level skills on high bar and floor. I don't know how different the difficulty is from women's gymnastics, but the meet he wants to do next summer requires one B on the events.

Thanks in advance!

he should work p-bars and high bar for pole vaulting. and inverted rope climb if your gym has a rope.

on trampoline he should work cradles. back drop-kip up 1/2 turn-back drop. this simulates the "fosbury" technique that high jumpers and pole vaulters use when they articulate then undulate their bodies over the pole. you can also tie pre-wrap or something like it across the trampoline and raise the height as you go along in order to strive for height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the FIG site and download the Code of Points.

Even some B's are not necessarily that easy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back