Skills list for L6 and L7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know where I can find (on line) a list of skills needed (according to USAG standards) for L6 and L7? Just looking for a list....does anyone know where to find such a thing? Thanks for your help! :confused:

That is all I had, but I will try to look around later to see if I can find it.

glad the other helped.

There is a chart summarizing optional requirements, I have a copy of it. It should be available on the USAG website. The basic requirements for level 7 are 2 Bs on each event. Vault-- front handspring; Bars-- 2 B circle elements, salto dismount; beam-- one acro element with flight; acro series (doesn't have to contain flight element), full turn; Floor-- back layout; front tumbling pass; dance series.

Every gym has it's own standards, however, for what they require at level 7, so you should probably ask your coach. Most gyms require giants, although technically you can do two clear hips; most require a back handspring on beam though a dive cartweel or roundoff fulfills the requirement, etc.

Keep in mind...those are all minimum requirements...

It is up to each coach/program to decide what the requirements need to be in order to fullfill the goals set for the season.

Just a little input from a coach.;)

Thanks everyone.

I appreciate all the great inf! Dont worry Coach I know all gyms have different requirements and ultimately its :rolleyes:the Coaches decision.

[Here are two great books that outline both requirements and deductions(one for compulsory and one for optionals):

These books are written by a judge out of WI she also has a web page and a monthly newsletter here is the is

www.justgymnastics.com

You can send questions regarding technical skills and she will answer them.
Best of luck

OMG it's Judge Judy! She was the only beam judge that my daughter had at level 3 that was having the routine timed and calling time on the girls. Needless to say that they were all on the beam and when the timer called time, they all stopped at looked at her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back