WAG Skills you would like to see more of?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm always amazed at how underutilized the code of points is. I am longing for a gymnast to come along and distinguish herself by doing something unique. What are some skills you'd like to see more of this quad?
I would like to see some tsukahara doubles on vault, the US has lost the advantage its had on vault for the last 8 years

On bars I would like to see more gymnasts doing the comaneci release, come on that skill is like 45 years old and still an E. I would love to see someone do a Weiler kip into a comaneci.
I would also like to see someone do the Ma dismount on bars, again a 30 year old skill that is still an F.

What about you guys?

I guess a little more creativity and uniqueness in general. There are always skills that are the flavour of the month and you see the same things in everyone's routines.

Also a lot more individual personality in floor routines, they have become very athletic and demanding, but there was nothing like seeing the personality and performance combined with tumbling and skill.

So not skills in general, just overall variety and creativity. It has become valued so much less in the sport, as difficulty level becomes more valued.

Gymnastics routines were better to watch under the old ROV codes. Not sure the judging was fair, but the gymnastics was lovely to watch with a mix of creativity and exceptional difficulty (for the time). It would be nice if there were some system to reward this in a fairer way.
Something like for example: if Simone did her double double beam dismount in apparatus finals she would get a .2 bonus as less that 'X' number were performed in qualifying.
This might be a better work around for FIG to reward the Simone like gymnasts for their difficulty without encouraging others to chuck stuff because their coach has nothing to lose.

I am sick of seeing the same yurchencko vaults, especially in college. Please do more front vaults and tsuks.

I am sick of seeing the same yurchencko vaults, especially in college. Please do more front vaults and tsuks.
I could not agree more, and college bars has become really uninteresting. Its basically a jump to the high bar, one release, transfer to low bar, squat on the bar back up to the high bar and dismount.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back