Skip six!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HI! I'm of to Flip Fest in a week and need some positive vibes! I competed 5 last year but am aiming to skip six and go straight to seven! I need to do a giant on double bars and back hand spring on high beam! Does any one have any drills that will help? Wish me luck!:p

Giants on HB is just a matter of repetition besides knowing the proper shapes and BIG swing besides a decent cast push away.

BHS on beam is just a matter of starting it low with mats on the side and progressing on to a higher beam besides doing it with a spot. There is a common drill where you will make the BHS high by doing it up onto a panel mat folded in half.

Thanks! I can do a BHS on beam with mats about a foot under the beam, but am a little nervous in doing it on a regular high beam. I can also do a giant on a pit bare by myself, but am having trouble with the cast hand stand part :) Thanx so much!:p

Good luck!! I always thought back handsprings on the beam sounded scary.

I bet it's exciting to get your own floor and beam routines though ;)

Just a question. Don't you have to score at least a 31 at a qualifying meet before moving up from 5 to 6? I thought USAG doesn't allow skipping levels. :confused:

You are right about not skipping levels. I have had questions about this also as my daughter was told she could "score out". Anyway, the way it was explained to me is that you cannot skip levels, but your gym can host a USA sanctioned meet and have a usa judge score the girls at the level they want to "skip" They are not actually skipping a level because they have to have all of the required skills, but they are opting to not compete at that level for an entire season. A 31 is needed to for the compulsory levels. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back